“Awesome host and room!”

Beachview Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I visited for my first stay on the Island. It was excellent customer care from the time we stepped out of the car. I will return soon! Breakfast, afternoon snacks and the host were all way above what I expected!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This truly was a last minute unplanned weekend trip(12/27/13-12/29/13) that my husband and I desperately needed to end a very tiresome year. We traveled from the Raleigh, NC area to Tybee Island, Ga, upon pulling up to the B&B it was a relief to see it was even more beautiful in person. We went up to the office and received such a warm welcome by the owner Karen. Karen showed us the room we booked,which was gorgeous two bedroom, and the second was a one bedroom suite that was perfect for us. Everything about this B&B was relaxing, clean and welcoming, and don't let me forget the delicious breakfast and wonderful conversation with the owners and other guest. The beautiful beach was a block away by foot, and restaurants stores are all within walking distance. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year, and will definitely come back to visit Beachview Bed & Breakfast. I told Karen that I wanted to bottle up the room and B&B and take it home, because we needed rest and relaxation and her B&B provided that and more. Thank you for sharing this enchanting place. I will continue to share our experience with anyone who will listen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetsuek89
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and myself stayed at this wonderful inn during the recent cold spell on Tybee Island. The owners could not have been any better to us!! We needed a small get away and happened to be the only guests staying at this time. We were treated like their family. We were upgraded to their best room !! We were served breakfast in our room on both days and it was fantastic. I will always tell everyone that I know if they go to Tybee Island to stay here!!! The lady who was running the inn on our first day, who I can't remember her name, made us customers for life. She was filling in for the owner, Karen. The next day when Karen returned, she made a special trip to our room just to meet us. She made us feel so welcomed . Thank you again for all your southern hospitality !!!!

Room Tip: The Waterscape room is so peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mem413
Reviewed 18 January 2014

When I return to Tybee or Savannah, I will stay at the Beachview. Everything was perfect. The place was inviting, clean, contemporary, and beautifully decorated. Karen is a good cook too. Karen suggested that we dine at Sundae Cafe. It is located next to a gas station. It was beautiful inside. That was one of the best meals we had. Unfortunately the weather was cold, windy and rainy. However, we still enjoyed the sights and relaxing at Karen's place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula W
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Larry and Ann, Frank and I feel like you are our family! We love you dearly and are so thankful you come back again and again...See you for Valentines!!!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Here we go again and can't wait. Ann an I have been vacationing at Tybee for the last 5 years. There is no other spot on the east coast like it and Tybee's best secret is the Beachview Bed and Breakfast. .I could talk for hours about the wonders of Beachview. We have stayed with Karen and Frank for the last two years, even spent New Years there. Headed back for Valentine. I think this will be our 7th or 8th visit to Beachview. When you look at the picture of the Inn all the wonderful things you imagine come true once you walk in the Inn. Karen and her staff, Melissa, chef Jan and husband Frank are somehow able to do all the work and make it seem to be fun to them. You wont find any Snoots here,so come on down. Maybe you'll find us on the porch . You'll feel like family when you leave. Ann & Larry N Columbia, SC

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank larry n

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We visited Tybee for a night on our way back north after the holiday. It is a very pretty island with a fun, quaint atmosphere. The Beachview B&B was perfect for my wife and I as it gave us privacy but also a perfect location to experience the island. It is located a block from the beach and also a block from the main strip of restaurants, bars, and the pier. Though it is near both of those- it feels as if it is nestled in a private street.
Our room was very large (Waterscape) and had everything you need. Very comfortable bed, porch with rocking chairs, living area space, kitchen, and you exit straight to the path to the beach. The service was outstanding as the owner Karen is extremely friendly and we appreciated our conversations. We actually called on our way in to let her know that we would be a little late. She told us a good place to pick up a pizza on the island and she left a bottle of red wine for us in the room for when we arrived (no charge). The breakfast was great and we borrowed the bikes to adventure around the island the next morning.
Highly recommend Beachview and we look forward to returning!

Room Tip: WaterScape- great room!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for the review. We try to do everything we can to help our guest have a memorable vacation! Hope you come back to see us next time you are on your way to Florida!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Beachview B&B on Tybee Island is a lovely restored home/restaurant with many things you want at a B&B, but lacking in the little details. On arrival we had to have the housekeeper call the owner in order to check-in. We checked in the owner showed us around the B&B including the dining area, coffee station, etc. then she showed us our rooms. The rooms were very nice, but we soon found lacking. There were no written visitor guest services information like dining hours, area attractions, churches, restaurants,etc.. She recommended a restaurant for lunch, it was closed. The following morning I went for coffee in the dining room, it was closed, we did have coffee in our room, but not enough cream& sugar. The rooms were not serviced while we were there, Christmas, and the supplies, tissues,soap, etc. were not restocked. Lastly the rate for the time of year we were there was high. Many of the shops and restaurants on the island were closed for the week, we intended to go to nearby Savannah for dinners but the casual meals we might have stayed on the island.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are larger, but higher priced. The rooms on the same floor as the dining area...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike P

First of all I want to say I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Beachview and Tybee Island. We do everything we can in hopes of your enjoying your stay. I am going to try and answer your concerns.

#1) Our check-in time is at 4pm. You party arrived at 11:45am, this is why I was not in the office. However I accommodated you and allowed both rooms to check in 4 hours early at NO additional charge.

#2) Each morning after breakfast we did come to service your room. First morning you said you did not need anything. Then each morning after when we came into the room your beds were made and towels neatly hung up. We do not change out sheets or towels unless the guest has placed the towels in the floor. This is because we are making every possible effort to protect our environment.

#3) We have Kergg Coffee machines where you get a fresh hot cup of coffee each time. This is the same coffee machine we have in the common area where we serve breakfast. We do lock the main door at night and unlock it in the morning especially when it is off season. Each day I ask if you needed anything and would have gladly given you any supplies needed.

#4) I cannot help when other places decide to close. and do not feel that the Beachview should be judged on other businesses schedule. The week before Christmas is always a slow time for Tybee but most places are open. I do not know of any shops that were closed and only one restaurant which was only closed for lunch.

#5) Our rates are published online and guest get to choose if they wish to pay the rates or not. We are not the least expensive place on Tybee but we are one of the nicest.

Here at the Beachview we also offer many amenities that most people enjoy. Like bicycles, beach chairs, afternoon cocktails, etc. We try very hard to make sure our guest have everything they need. I will admit the maid did not realize kleenex were missing but that has been resolved. We also made appetizers in the evening but you guys did not choose to join us. The 2nd night my husband brought them to your room.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy Ty bee Island in the winter. It is a wonderful little island and I hope you will decide to come back for another visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachview Resort? Share your experiences!