“Honeymoon at Beachview”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Honeymoon at Beachview”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a wonderful time spending our honeymoon week at Beachview Bed and Breakfast. Karen went above and beyond helping us schedule tours, an in room honeymoon dinner the first night, an in room massage, and photography session on the beach. Tybee is a magical place. Very laid back and I love how many of the old homes are still there and have not been torn down for condos. We felt like we were at home…just at the beach and without a care in the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Love Shack" which is actually a small one room house behind the B&B...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Marshall, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Beachview B&B is the best place to stay on the East-coast. It's hard to pick one thing that makes this place so special but I believe it's Karen and her desire to make each guest feel special and at ease. My husband and I have been 3 times in a year and have found our favorite vacation destination. The front porch calls your name and is the perfect place to unwind and relax. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are cleaned meticulously. The breakfasts are so delicious and filling that lunch is not required. The landscaping is breathtaking and you can tell that Karen has put her heart and soul into making this a welcoming retreat. You don't have to bring a beach towel, beach chair, or bike because they are provided. Frank and Karen's knowledge of Tybee and the ins and outs will help make your stay perfect. My husband and I cannot get enough of the Beachview and can't wait to schedule our next trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. There is not a bad choice for rooms.
Green Features: The friendliest place to be. Southern hospitality at its finest
1 Thank Amber W
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I can not express in words how much I loved Beachview. From our first experience to our last, there was nothing but hospitality combined with beauty and relaxation. On our drive, we got delayed in unexpected traffic, making our arrival later than we had hoped. Karen personally called us to check and see how we were doing on our way there. Upon arrival, which was happy hour, we were given delicious wine and finger foods to nibble on before we entered our oasis. We stayed in Ophelia's room, and it was breathtaking with the charm, decor, and sunlight. We had plenty of privacy, and were not disturbed at all during our stay despite the many other people that were visiting. The evening spent on the porch socializing with other couples, and the mornings talking over breakfast (most delicious breakfast foods I have ever eaten) were memorable as well. The location is amazing! A very short walk to the beach, and walking distance to many great food places made it to where we did not drive at all except for a day trip into Savannah. I cannot wait to plan my next stay! This is our new home away from home, our go to spot for relaxation and bonding together as a couple. If you plan your trip here, you will go home with sadness that it was time to leave. Honestly, Karen, I can work for you if you just let me live there???? :-) Thank you for EVERYTHING!

Forres Scotland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Staying here is like visiting friends it is such a lovely happy laid back place to stay. Karen and Frank are great hosts who work very hard to make your time at Beachview just perfect and for us it was perfect. Our room Mary's Suite was on the ground floor with our own entrance and private porch area it was lovely, very comfortable and well equipped. All the rooms are different and beautiful, I would recommend the ground floor as you can sit out on your own porch area. Breakfast was wonderful and different every day, and we loved the Happy Hour where Karen and Frank provide wine and snacks and everyone gathers on the upstairs porch to enjoy a drink and a chat, so nice. They also have a selection of beach chairs, beach towels, suntan lotion, cool bags and bikes for the guests to use. I really can't recommend this place highly enough go and stay at the Beachview you will not be disappointed.

Connecticut
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon this past week, and really - he probably thought he was going to have to carry me to the car to get me in it. After a year and a half of stressful wedding planning, it was exactly the break we needed. Coming from "the North" the culture there was entirely different - sometimes felt like a different country, but pleasantly so. We sat on Karen's porches every day for hours, just relaxing and talking. Breakfast every morning was fantastic! Quiches, breakfast burritos, parfaits, juice, coffee, fruit salad. Anything you wanted, and it was all so tasty. Drinks and snacks were available all day, and the happy hour was great. Good selections of wine and beer (I didn't have to simply choose "white or red", which was nice.), always freshly made iced tea. We felt like we were family when we were there. We would sit and chat with Karen, Frank, and the other guests for hours, or borrow beach supplies (towels, coolers, chairs, umbrellas, etc) and head down the block. The free parking was nice, and Karen offered bikes if we wanted to go anywhere on the island. I loved the bunnies hopping through the garden playing with the birds. The Waterview room was gorgeous and the size of my apartment. We had plenty of space and the a/c was nice. The room wasn't clammy or stale like a/c rooms sometimes are. We had two porches off it and a flat screen tv for the rainy night. The B&B is close to downtown restaurants, which was convenient. Our first night Chef Jan made our gourmet meal and delivered it to our room. She's a fantastic cook and I definitely recommend you include that in your package. It was nice after the wedding, all the packing, and the traveling, to just come to our room - nap - attend happy hour - and have dinner privately in our room. It was the perfect start to our honeymoon. Honestly, I could go on and on and on and tell you about how wonderful this place is, but really you should just go and see it for yourself. We can't wait to come back and bring our friends!

Room Tip: Go for the Waterview, for sure. It was quiet, had two porches, and was very spacious.
Green Features: They offered water bottles, but had a water cooler that they asked you to refill instead of grabbing a new one. Our room had a recycling bucket, and they don't wash your stuff every day to save on water. I didn't mind that because we don't do it at home, either.
Blountville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My mother and I take a trip every year together and this year we picked Beachview. It was beautiful and historical. Each room has its own homey appeal and character. Karen and her husband were kind and accomodating. The food was great and they left snacks during the day for us. It was the BEST most relaxing vacation my mother and I have taken. The town itself was small and quaint and everyone is friendly. If I could give it a 10 I would!

A couple friends and I are thinking of visiting again later this year. Can't wait to show them the Tybee my mom and I loved and the home away from home that is Beachview Bed and Breakfast.

Tennessee Travelers

Room Tip: Each room is unique and they are adequately shown online. Pick a room based on what appeals to you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly G
Fort Valley, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a great place to stay. We enjoyed every minute from check in to check out. This place comes highly recommended. Happy Hour was the highlight of the day for us. We plan to make an annual trip to the island and stay at the Beachview B&B. We made great memories!

• Stayed April 2014
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!