“Perfect!”
Review of Tybee Island Inn

Tybee Island Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We loved Tybee Island Inn. Just two days, wished it was more. Excellent beach access, which was a focus for us. Gracious perfect hospitality from Gary, the cook, and Lloyd. Food cooked with love.

The bed was fine, the bathroom up a spiral staircase which required mindfulness.

Privacy, beauty, comfort, and retreat. One thousand thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Tybee Island Inn

Reviewed 10 March 2014

By sheer chance my husband and I found this little gem on Tybee Island, and I am so thankful we did! Our stay was absolutely wonderful. The weather on the other hand was not: all cold and rainy, Which made it all the more special to come back to this welcoming little B&B after a chilly wet day of poking around historic Savannah. We stayed in the Sea Cabin room, and I highly recommend it. I seriously had 2 of the best night sleeps that I've had in a LONG time. The bed was comfortable, it has a GIANT tub, and the decor had a sweet sailing motif. Really a lovely in. The owners were quite friendly, and the food was delicious. They even put out a treat in the afternoon for the guests to snack on! When we were there, it was red velvet cake on day, and fudgy brownies the next. mmmmm. I took a peek in a couple of the other unoccupied rooms, and I must say-- the decor is just lovely throughout. It is apparent that the owners put a lot of time and thought into this place, and it shows. The outside area in front of the large porch is a great little tropical garden with all kinds of plants and places to sit and relax. I wish it hadn't been raining, or else we definitely would have spent some time out there! It was a less than 5 minute walk to the beach. You simply cannot beat it. I am already trying to convince my husband to plan a return trip back to the Tybee Island Inn!

Room Tip: The Sea Cabin room may appear long and narrow at first, but it is actually just the perfect size, an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a very pleasant weekend here in March. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were very enjoyable for food and for swapping stories with other guests. We visited AJ's and Gerald's for lunches. Both were very casual with good food. If you're looking for peace and quiet, this inn is a very good choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Savannah Beach room with a king sized bed. Very comfortable, but didn't leave a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during the off-season. This was one of the best B&Bs at which we have stayed. Wonderful breakfasts with fresh fruit, juice, yummy breakfast casserole or gourmet filled croissants. Each day in the afternoon, there were either home made brownies, a cobbler, or a cake on which to snack. A large selection of teas, coffee and other beverages were always available. We stayed in the Sea Cabin, which had a wonderful 2-person tub. Other reviewers have complained about the size but it actually has 3 rooms: the bedroom which has enough room for nightstands on both sides of the bed, which is just what is needed. A 2nd room with a dining table and 2 chairs, then a very large bathroom with double sinks, a shower and the tub. We did not feel cramped at all! Our bed was somewhat soft and we did feel like we were rolling downhill towards the middle, however...Even though the room is beside the kitchen, we were not awakened by any noise, other than birds chirping outside our window! Innkeeper Lloyd and chef Gary were wonderfully accommodating and helpful. Tybee Island is great, lots of history, charming cottages and streets to browse plus the ocean, of course! We plan to return to Tybee Island Inn.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I are staying here for our honeymoon. From the moment we booked Lloyd and Kathy were amazing and so friendly. We saw pictures but were still shocked when we pulled up. We got here at night and the garden was all lit up. Giant oaks with spanish moss line the garden with cute statues and seating areas. We stayed in the Sea Cabin which has a tub for two and was even big enough for my 6'4 husband. Each night there were incredible desserts for all to partake. Breakfast was served each morning at 9 and was delicious. No continental breakfast here! Breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit and a breakfast torte along with fresh juice and coffee. We already plan on making the Tybee Island Inn a return spot!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My Husband and I stayed two nights at this lovely bed and breakfast. You feel that you have taken a step back in time with all the history this inn has to offer. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Chef Gary prepared an outstanding breakfast each morning that was fresh and original. We are looking forward to our next stay.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in the lighthouse room. It is a room up stairs in the front of the bed and breakfast. A king size bed fit well into this Large bedroom. It has a private balcony that puts you right into the branches of the large tree in front of the bed and breakfast. You can also see the lighthouse in the distance. This inn is very clean and the host Lloyd was very interesting to talk to. The breakfast was great on both mornings. Definitely a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Tybee Island Inn? Share your experiences!