Desoto Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
  • Pool
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
  • Pool
South Beach Inn(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
1,239 results
All reviewsroom was cleanheated poolcontinental breakfastocean frontoceanfront roomprivate balconydesoto beachstaff was very friendly and helpfuloff seasonyogurtnice poolcoffee makerspring breaklaid backtybeeislandmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The hotel was nicer than I expected... The queen room was spacious enough to accomodate 3 people comfortably. We didn't have a balcony as I'd hoped, but we were able to stand outside our room and look directly at the ocean. I would definitely stay here again... maybe every time I'm on Tybee. I like that it is away from the busier parts of the beach and more quiet and secluded... Parking is sometimes limited and tight, but okay...

Room Tip: Rooms on left of hotel offer a great view of the ocean...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We paid almost $200 for a one night stay. For that price, I would expect an exceptional room but the room was only OK. I would also expect friendly and respectful service. The front desk staff was RUDE and seemed to go out of their way to be unhelpful! We didn't have any trouble with the rest of the staff. The gentlemen who worked pool and beachside were helpful and friendly. After one night, we went to the Savannah Hyatt - got a fabulous room - great service and only paid $119!
I will NOT go back to the Desoto Beach Hotel. A note to the owner - you need to get rid of the people at the front desk. They are costing you business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here since it is the only "hotel" on the beach. It has great access to the beach. The rest is just ordinary and really could use a visit from the Hotel Impossible guy! It needs an up-date and deep clean. The front desk was nice but not super professional. While the rooms are no smoking there are many people smoking on the balconies. For one night the visit was fine but not for a whole week's stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank travelford
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very nice at Front Desk The last two years we stayed in a regular room This year we are on 3rd floor ocean view over the parking lot, I thought I booked ocean view But I love it anyway Nice CLEAN Roomy room King bed with nice balcony !!

• Stayed: September 2013
DeSotoBeachManager, Manager at Desoto Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank You so much, we are happy to serve you, and look forward to your return to the Desoto Family.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm a private person so I didn't request the room to be cleaned all week, so I can't comment on that, but it did seem that the room cleaners were outsourced to another company...Our room was decent, nothing special, 2 queen beds with an average TV..The room could benefit with some renovating... It was nice being able to step outside the door and look right at the ocean, and we didn't pay for an ocean view.. There are a few rooms at the end of each floor with small decks looking out at the ocean, those would be worth the upgrade.

Stayed the week before Labor Day so the hotel and beach itself was relatively nice and quiet..The property was very well maintained and patrolled by security at night, so we felt safe strolling the beach at night...Which, honestly, if you're staying here it's probably because you want easy access to the beach....

If you're staying in the area it's definitely worth consideration, and I would strongly suggest browsing their facebook page for discounts... I'd submitted my reservation only to find out minutes later they were offering 15% off for the period we were staying... Fortunately the staff was nice enough to apply the discount!

There are some good restaurants within walking distance of this hotel and pizza delivery is fast... Depending on your viewpoint (it could be a positive or negative) it is a slight drive away from most of the food and nightlife on the island, but it's only 1-2 miles down the strip to eat at Stingray's and see most of the shops and nightlife for the area...

Room Tip: If you can afford it, I strongly consider requesting and upgrading to one of the rooms at the end of each row that have a small porch overlooking the beach... It's awesome getting to catch the sunrise in the morning!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family