“Shredding Waves!!!”

Hot Sushi's Surf Shack and Lessons
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Our 2 daughter's (14 & 12) and their friends had the time of their life shredding waves with Hot Sushi. Within one session, he had them all up riding the waves by themselves. He was so charismatic, energetic, and fun; encouraging the kids every step of the way. The kids loved him as much as surfing!!! We will definitely be returning for more surfing fun with Sushi!!!

1  Thank Stephanie B

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Sushi taught my 11 year old daughter to surf last summer. As a mother of two girls, the most important thing to me is safety. I felt completely at ease with him and my daughter on land and alone in the water. Obviously for the main reason, but also since she isn’t the strongest swimmer. He really took his time to show her how to “catch a wave”. And was very patient with her when she didn’t get the technique right away. He gave her his undivided attention in the water and made sure she was comfortable and safe. I extended the lesson while they were in the water and didn’t have the correct amount of cash on me, he really could have cared less and offered to meet us a few hours later at his shop. He is clearly in the business for the love of it (understandably he has to make a living). His passion and enthusiasm is just amazing and I am so grateful that type of positive attitude for something so simple has rubbed off on my daughter. She is counting down the days til she can take more lessons this summer and has saved every dime since last summer.

2  Thank melissajy1
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Do not hesitate! Yes, Sushi will teach you to ride a wave. More importantly, as a parent, this is exactly the type of person I want my kids exposed to. His enthusiasm and joy is inspirational. He got my nearly 50 year old creaky bones up. But what impressed me most was watching him work with the kids during Surfers For Autism day at Tybee Island. He will provide everything you need (surf board, rash guard, water to drink) all while making you feel completely safe and empowered to have a great time. Highlight of the trip! .

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Atushi opened his place after my wife and I, who both surf, moved away, but I can tell you he is the most awesome, manic, crazy, and unbelievable friendly surfer I've ever met in the lineup. He makes everybody within fifty yards smile, and he happens to be very good at making something out of the junk surf you so often find in Tybee. Definitely call ahead, Tybee can go real flat, real often. As long as the surf is up, I guarantee you will enjoy a day with Sushi!