“Good Beach Side Place to Eat”
Review of Spanky's Beachside

Spanky's Beachside
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife said her buffalo chicken wrap was fantastic, and she's really picky. My daughter has a great taste for food and said her ranch chicken wrap was also great. I got the shrimp basket and really liked it, as well. I don't know if they use a pre-made cocktail sauce or if they make it in-house, but it might be the best I've had. We all got spuds instead of fries and liked them, however, I would recommend maybe a little seasoning in the batter they use to coat them before deep frying them. If they use any seasoning, it isn't enough, in my opinion. Great service and atmosphere. Nice views of the ocean from inside, even on the lower level.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

It was a little pricey but we enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The kids especially enjoyed sitting on the top floor looking out at the beach.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My 2 girls wanted to eat in the room, so we ran by and ordered at the bar and waited on it. We ordered chicken finger meal and a salad. Both were prepared correctly and girls said was great! We were told a 20 minute wait, but was only around 10 minutes. Was kinda dark inside, typical bar with good food

Reviewed 24 July 2014

One night out without the kid and we chilled here for a few hours. Service was friendly, but not overbearing. Basket of chicken fingers was outstanding. Really...the chicken fingers are really, really good.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Part of our party of 7 liked Spankys, part did not. Three out of 7 meals were either not right or wasn't good. My burger came with condiments on it that I didn't order. My daughters burger was burnt. My son in laws didn't come with everything on it that he ordered. Service was very slow. Chairs are not comfortable at all. My son, husband and granddaughter all loved there food.