“World Famous? Hmm not sure the name fits”
Review of The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Some friends had told us to not miss breakfast here. There was a wait with several empty tables within view and we were seated within 5 mins. It was the off season, so I assume most of the diners were locals. Our waitress, obviously a seasoned veteran, wanted to take our food order within seconds of handing us the menu and since we were new to the restaurant we asked to order drinks and look at the menu. She sighed and said "i take drink and food orders at the same time, I am going to let this table of 8 order and get back to you". The menu was full of egg specials and omelettes, and having an egg allergy that left me with 3 options: waffles, meat or their loaded hashbrowns. I opted for the hashbrowns (grilled onions, bacon, ricotta) and a side of ham. The hashbrowns were a sandwich for lack of a better description with all of the filling in the middle. They arrived piping hot. I didnt need the generous side order of ham because there must have been 6 slices of bacon alone in the huge order of hashbrowns. A half order would be a nice option to order but the waitress told me no half orders allowed. My husband had 2 eggs over easy, sausage, grits and toast. In his words, "how can you screw up eggs?" It was a good breakfast, world famous? I doubt it. Worst part was the check was $27 for average breakfast. We planned to eat breakfast across the street the following day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wow! Fantastic food! We enjoyed watching the cooks prepare the food and the breakfast was one of the best that we had in a long time. The coffee is hot and strong, just the way that we like it! There may be a little wait, but it is worth it!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

There is a reason there is a line down the street every day outside the Breakfast Club. It is good! The line was 10-15 people but moved very fast- don't let the line discourage you.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but it wasn't worth standing outside to wait on a table or the expensive prices! Get a better value and go across the street to Sunrise instead.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We ate here for breakfast one morning we were visiting and thoroughly enjoyed it. Portion size was large, I got a waffle and my husband got an omelette-- both were delish! We had to wait for about 10 minutes, so be prepared to wait, when we left it was wrapped around the building, but definitely worth it!! Will return soon!