“service and food”
Review of Dolphin Reef Restaurant - CLOSED

Dolphin Reef Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located Oceanfront at 15th Street inside Ocean Plaza Beach Resort
Description: You are invited to dine at the Dolphin Reef Oceanfront Restaurant & Bar where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and nearby sandy beaches. Dolphin Reef features a flavorful fusion of American and Southern cuisines with an emphasis on fresh seafood, all presented in a unique underwater themed environment to make your dining experience memorable. Located in the Ocean Plaza Beach Resort, we are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We are also Tybee Island's premier banquet and special event facility. Come to Dolphin Reef where the only thing more spectacular than our food is the view. Tour groups are welcome, and we offer a kid's menu. Advance reservations are requested for groups of 8 or more people. Dolphin Reef is located 20 minutes East of Savannah, Georgia on U.S. Highway 80. Parking is free. Be sure to park inside Ocean Plaza Resort's parking lot.
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“service and food”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Service is terrible, you need to wait 40 minutes for your order to arrive to your table and when serve,it is wrong dish, people treat you like make you a favor, you order a coke they bring you ice tea, order hamburger and bring you something else is not even close to a hamburger. Please, go there to have lunch or diner and you will be disappointment and will enjoy the horrible food and service. The web page or web site shows complete the wrong picture that they are. Ha, I forget, bring antacid and pepto-bismol. They don't care who you are or if are tourist or local. That happen today September 1st, 2013.

• Visited September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Greenbrier
“Great View”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A Great place to enjoy the ocean view from the air conditioning. A good place when it is raining outdoors.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Skip,run as fast as you can.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We went here on a Friday night around 8 and it wasn't that busy,the host sat us right away but our server took forever to come. I order iced tea and my husband a mojito,his drink took around 15 minutes,now that's just ridiculous. Still we stayed,we order the she clam soup,by the way is delicious but to my disappointment she didn't bring us bread. Finally we got our dinner,when we were almost done our server decides we can get some bread,I was ready to strangle her. This place wasn't busy so I don't understand such terrible service,we didn't order more drinks or dessert because we were afraid that if we did we would stay there forever. It took this girl more tan 45 minutes just to get us the check,terrible terrible service. Never in my life would I go back. If you want good she crab soup this is the place but make sure you call it in on Monday morning and they'll have it ready for dinner ask to pay in advance,if not you'll spend your whole day there and believe me is not pretty at all. For real good delicious food and great service go to the crab shack,you will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Dolphin is one of the better hotels to stay at on the beach. The location was very good and the rooms were ok. There was no mini fridge and some of the amenities werent as promised. Had a great deal on Expedia so couldn't complain about the value too much.

Visited September 2012
“Never have I been treated like a common criminal until that night!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived at 8pm for dinner with a party of 10. We were seated immediately with no trouble. We were greeted by the waitress around 8:20, which was the first unacceptable action. We ordered drinks and received them around 8:40! We were finally able to order and were obviously annoyed at this point. We received our did at 10:17pm! This restaurant closes at 10pm! I was sent frozen, nuked chicken tenders with a side instant potatoes. When I demanded some silverware, the waitress rolled her eyes and refused to bring any! As the icing on the cake, when we asked for the third time to speak with the manager, we learned that he had called the police to have us removed from the restaurant! I've never in my life!!! The staff rolled their eyes and ran their mouth at us as if we had no right to be upset for being treated like a group of common criminals! They are all unclean, unprofessional, and have no business working in public! This was certainly a twilight zone experience!

• Visited August 2013