“Average seafood, average environment, not so great service, amazing view”

A-J's Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food was good. The shrimp especially is fantastic, but the fish was kind of bland. The food, was overpriced though, especially considering it was nothing special. The restaurant itself isn't anything special, but the view is really great. Having dinner at sunset overlooking the water was worth the overpriced food. The server seemed kind of lost and we didn't get half the food we ordered and our drinks were usually empty. I am hoping for A-J's hope she was new.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hush puppies were room temperature, yuk. Party of four , no one was satisfied . Our waitress, was TERRIBLE, service was SLOW, ordered at 6:10 , food arrived at 7:03. We will NEVER go back . Oh, yea the views were nice.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The view at AJ's is fantastic, right on the water. The seafood is the best on Tybee and do not miss out on thier soups. They are all fantastic and have worked my way through them all. We have been to Tybee Island twice and AJ's is top on our list. Come early to avoid the wait...but it is worth the wait if you dine late.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Of all the places we ate in Savannah, AJ's on Tybee surpassed them. This isn't a fancy place by any means. But the seafood is just really really good! Best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Boiled shrimp were huge!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my second visit to AJ's and both visits have met my expectations of what good food should be. Although the service was a little slow, the atmosphere and food more than made up for the service. Not only was the meal good, the desserts were exceptional, particularly the 6 layer chocolate cake. The boiled shrimp were fresh; my friend was pleased with the crab chowder, and my husband enjoyed his fried shrimp po-boy. So, unless something changes, I will definitely return.