“AJ = Average Joe?”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Asheville, North Carolina
“AJ = Average Joe?”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited AJ's Dockside Restaurant for dinner on a Friday evening. Our server was friendly and efficient. We didn't have to wait an extraordinary length of time for our food. It was good but nothing special -- just average. I think we enjoyed the mashed potatoes most of all. The key lime pie was very good.

• Visited May 2014

Chatsworth, Georgia
“Great Covina!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had never heard of Covina "a fish" , but ordered it on a whim and it was delicious! I also ordered the quadruple chocolate mousse pie and it was so good that I went back the next night and ordered it again!

• Visited June 2014
Savannah GA USA
“Best Family restaurant on Tybee - no question”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Superb Restaurant. The best views on Tybee and the best staff in the Golden Isles. I have lived on Tybee for 20+ years and still go there (was there last week). The only reason I cannot give them 5 stars is that I give no one 5 stars. Perhaps Bouli on Rosas Spain my get it when I go....

Visited June 2014
Nacogdoches, Texas
“OK for fried food”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended for good food and great view of the sunset. We went for that. The food was ok, no complaints, but nothing really special. The waitress was super nice. It was a little chilly so we did not want to sit on the outside deck, plus the biting gnats were awful. After we ate, we left and drove to a boat slip where the views of the sunset were even better.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wanda C
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Casual Seaside Dining”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went on a Sunday night and arrived around 5:30. We waited 45 minutes for a table for our party of three. While waiting we visited the bar. I spotted a Patron tequila bottle amongst the bottles of liquor and asked for 2 Patron margaritas. The bartender informed me she couldn't(!) make them and that if we wanted margaritas we had to have the pre-made frozen slushy margaritas made with cheap tequila. I was surprised since the restaurant would have made more money selling us drinks made with Patron. We settled for the pre-made slushy margaritas and they were so sickeningly sweet we ended up not drinking them and ordered bottled beer instead. The aquarium with jellyfish in the bar area were a lovely touch!

As for the food, everyone was satisfied with their order although no one felt it was anything exceptional. I ordered scallops which were very lightly breaded and fried perfectly but hadn't been cleaned thoroughly and were gritty with sand with each bite.

The restaurant boasts beautiful oceanside views and has a huge deck to dine on. The staff was very rushed but friendly. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting a casual seafood fix.

• Visited May 2014