“Please don't stay here.”
Review of Sandcastle Inn

Sandcastle Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
“Please don't stay here.”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

There is not enough I can say about this dump of a hotel. The staff was so rude the entire stay. No clean towels, no fitted sheets on the bed so you were constantly touching the mattress, no clock, half the lights didn't work, room smelled like beer upon checkin, but the most important thing readers should know is while me and my boyfriend sat in his truck for over 40 mins talking, we watch the housecleaning lady enter a guest room on 4 occasions, same room, with no cleaning cart or anything. She entered right after the family walked out to the beach. There was NO reason for her to be back in forth in a guest room if she wasn't cleaning. And let me add each time she entered she closed the door. No type of security, or privacy at this hotel. Aweful and will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank asuima

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Disgusting sheets (hair and blood) were discovered at bedtime. Night desk clerk tried to help by changing sheets and offering to switch rooms, but it was clear that the attitude of management is to get as much money as possible for subpar rooms. Avoid this dump!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank 639travelmom

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

tn
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Well i read alot of bad reviews and was kind of worried about this hotel. But it served its purpose just fine. We needed a last minute beach getaway and almost booked at the more expensive Plaza 'resort" but decided last minute on this place.
First off the plaza resort and this hotel back right up next to each other, so im glad we went with this cheaper option.
the hotel is run down and rinky dink, but it is OK, there is a bathroom, and beds which is all we needed! and u can walk right to the beach.
the free breakfast in the morning, is nothing but coffee and a danish, literally. but its all good. the beach was beautiful and close by! so id stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cindylouwho
Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Had to pay way to much for the room which i paid less than half of that in Myrtle Beach for beach front room which this is not. Wish i had stayed in Myrtle Beach. Better hotels and more places to see on the strip. This place don't even have fitted sheets on the bed and the towels and wash rags are stained and dirty looking. Wanted to go to the pool but there were people in it making out so that was a definite no no. Could not even park near my room. Don't think i'll ever be back to Tybee Island again. Not Worth It!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey if you want to go to the beach on vacation. Go to Myrtle Beach. I'm going back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Georgann C
Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Just had to warn people about this hotel. My family came down this weekend and I had a great ocean front room at the Ocean Plaza Resort but my dad and other family members came and needed a room so we called this hotel because it was a few building down from our hotel so we could easily walk to each other and they said they had no rooms. So we tried the Howard Johnson and they said the Sandcastle Inn did have rooms but you would have to walk in to get the rooms because if you call they tell you they are booked which seemed odd to us so we went over there and my husband went in and asked if they had any rooms and she said yes she just had to show a lady a room and would be right back my husband came out to get my dad and another person walked in before my dad got in and a line started to form the lady came back with the people she showed the room to and they said they would take it and asked if there was a military discount and she said you just got the last discount of the day 179.00 dollars and looked at the lady in front of my dad and said the rooms just went up to 189.00 plus tax I thought wow that was high for the run down look of the hotel tiny looking pool but we wanted to be close and every other hotel seemed booked out so my dad said okay he would do it and we waited while she checked in the two people in front of us and gave my dad a card to start filling out and about 10 other people walked in behind us I was thinking wow I got a ocean front hotel room with a ocean view for 149 and this lady wanted 189 for this crap hotel but since my hotel was booked my dad was going to rent a room for one night After spending 20 minutes in line waiting to be checked in she got to my dad and said I am not checking anyone else in right now it is a hot day and my cleaning crew has slowed down because of the heat so I am going to give them time to catch up before I rent out anymore rooms She told my dad and all in line to come back in 45 minutes and she should have more rooms cleaned and would start back checking people out. My dad already filled out the card and asked her could he go ahead and give her his credit card info to reserve the room and he would come back when the room was ready she said no that he would have to try back they don't take reservations and we was walking out she told the others in there she would have rooms for 220.00 a night to check back. I understand higher rates during weekends and peak season but they should have set rates not charge you what ever they want to depending on how bad you need a room. Needless to say I think this is a very shady place to do this and if you look at the condition of the hotel it is not worth 60 dollars a room. So if you want to play lets make a deal this might be the hotel for you

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Georgiatraveler47
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Tiny rooms, no decaf coffee, very dirty, dusty, rude staff, dirty towels, very dirty swimming pool, bad electricity ( ran just 2 hair-driers and the power went out in the whole room )...It's just the worst hotel to stay at during a vacation and it might even ruin your vacation. This hotel deserves less than a 1/5 overall rating.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at this hotel...