“The office staff do not know what they are doing.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Rivers End Campground and RV Park
“The office staff do not know what they are doing.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The word accommodating isn't in their vocabulary. The office staff is horrible. The one exception one the part time young receptionist. I have written two reviews in 5 years of traveling with my husband. This stay was negative review worthy. We left early and went to another campground I think that says enough.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Sagewood10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We got site #151 next to the primitive tent area. We stayed from Wednesday to Sunday. We didn't realize the we were in a low lying area because when it rains heavily our site and all of the tent area was under water. We had a motorcycle pop up camper which can handle up to 4" of water but we had 6" of water and it flooded our lower section of our camper soaking all of our clothes and anything else we had on the floor. So during the down pour we had to unload our camper and put everything into our truck. The water finally went away around 5 am. Thank goodness we had an a/c and fan to dry out the tent camper the next morning.
I went into the office the next morning and asked if they knew it floods at our site and the woman said "well it was a lot of rain" and left it at that. Not a sorry or maybe a discount or is there anything we can do for you.... could have paid for us having to wash all of our clothes that got soaked... we spent 1/2 of our day cleaning up the mess from being flooded out.
The people in the tent area had to sleep in their cars.. I wonder if they still had to pay for their tent sites. Our site 151 is water and electric, not primitive.
*All in all we had a great time being walk distance to the beach, the bathrooms could have been a little bigger, but were clean and convenient. The people who were working and driving around the golf carts were very nice and help full, they were more friendly than the office staff.
We had some of our motorcyle group here consisting of two toyhaulers and 5 motorcycle campers. One of our members didn't have to pay for their site because they could barely fit the motorcycle camper on it, but we paid for a flooded site...
Okay, enough of the flooded area. NOT..
Stay away from site 151and primitive area next to it when it rains.. also it is very noisy at 6 am when the city trucks pull out from behind the camping area (sewage plant and recycler) The sewage plant gives a pleasant smell to wake up to on some mornings..
Well it is time to wait in line for a shower here at Rivers End Campgrounds. Until next time when we pick a dry weekend to camp here...

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Joe C
Peoria Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We got in really late on our check in day, due to some unforseen circumstances. However, we had a reservation and it was so easy to find the map to our site and set up. Our pop up was the perfect size for our site, even though we got a really big one.(150) The next morning we completed our check in at the office. They give out free coffee in the mornings, too bad the office doesn't open until 9. :) The pool is nice, excpet I think it's heated, which makes no sense in the hot humid summer. The beach is 3 blocks away, perfect bike riding distance. The bathrooms are air conditioned and cleanest in the mornings. Although I wouldn't say that they are ever dirty, just sandy(as is everything else). The laundry facilities are great too. The kids (11 & 14) liked riding their bikes around to check everything out. All in all I highly reccomend this campground to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank phreakmamapink
Maia, Portugal
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I satyed in this park for one night!....

The site is ok, clean and the spots are roomy and well prepared.

I would say that they should set more lights in the park in some areas.

The best thing is the fact that the park is placed very near the beach and the acess to the center can be done with the RV or Motorhome.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fneriteixeira
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this campground so we would have access to savannah and sight seeing. It was a nice little campground with a nice a nice swimming pool. Take your bikes or walk the three blocks to the beach. We camped here in motor home.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I reneged on my husband's image of me being a camper. After a horrible tent camping experience, I declared myself a non-camper. He bought a pop-up trailer for us in an attempt to get me back. Mosquitoes, half-burned/half-raw food, community bathing facilities, and coming back with every thing you own smelling like smoke- no thank you! But Rivers End is not like that-- well, it is, but they do such a great job of maintaining the place and, well, it's on Tybee so there's that, that I'll stay there, in the pop-up, gladly, anytime.

First of all, the bathrooms are great. Sure, they could be bigger, but you can get around in them and they are clean and well lit so they work. I know people complain that the spots are small but I've seen some monstrosities pull in and set up so it's not "that" bad. Besides, when your neighbor is having a fire, it's super easy to borrow their coals to make a killer s'more and possibly a friend. The river beach is a decent walk from the campground and is nice- though, be careful of the flyers and jellies. Bugs and jellyfish abound. There is the ocean side too with its waves and breeze and, at the right times, dolphins (we've seen 'em!). If the open water isn't your thing, stay at the campground and swim in the pool!

If you are in the mood for inexpensive food and drinks on a great patio, be sure to take the back way in to Huc-a-Poos. It is within stumbling distance to the campground or you can rent a bike at the next-door rental place.

Oh! And you can bring your pets! Try that with the more expensive house rentals.

The only bad stay we had was during college spring break when 2 consecutive nights a couple of monstrosities tried to host a site-wide, park-loud party but a call to the cops (who are a block away) quelled those issues. Seriously, the only "bad" thing I can say about this place is that the office and its free coffee doesn't open until 9, oh, and they won't let my kids get my coffee for me. Doesn't matter. I've invested in a Chu's cup and go there at sunrise. It's a great way to wake up on Tybee (and, yeah, I'll admit that I usually get a bit "lost" on my morning coffee run. The ocean is too pretty not to enjoy even in the early morning).

Room Tip: Bring it! :D