“Fantastic Experience for our group”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Rivers End Campground and RV Park
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Fantastic Experience for our group”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We worked for 7 months to plan a large vintage trailer event at the campground. We started with 50 spots and ended with almost the whole park. They were incredibly accommodating and everyone in the group commented on how nice they were to everyone. We loved the fact that the sites are set at different angles so you don't feel like you are right on top of each other. Bath houses were always clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 48Spartanette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Byron, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly. Because of the construction going on, they moved us to a site that had electric outlets. The campground has free wifi. There is not much there for small kids. Thankfully, they are really close to the beach. Overall, our stay was good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jimmy P
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Staff is completely indifferent to children. When my children got lost from us the office staff scared them and did not help at all. Denied them a phone to call us and no help to find one. I was appalled by their lack of concern and down right animosity! The place is supposed to be a family friendly environment and I realize it is the only campground on the island, maybe they believe they have a monopoly on this and therefore can act however inappropriately, but my children's safety is more important. Save your peace of mind and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank 3Spy
Anniston, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had family camping here so we decided to rent one of the cabins at this campground. We are so glad we did. The cabins were nice with plenty of room for the two of us. We did have to bring our own linens and supplies but did not mind at all. The campground was clean and surprisingly quiet for the amount of RV's that were their. The island is bicycle friendly. Only a few blocks from the beach and the lighthouse. We biked but is within walking distance. Check-in and check-out was easy and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The only complaint I would have would be the Wi-Fi. It was terrible. I guess I shouldn't complain since it was free.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine H
Elkins
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped here on a spontaneous decision on the last leg of our road trip. It is a city owned campground right on the island. Our campsite was not level and we had an RV that was not easy to level. The campsites are close together, but maybe we are just spoiled by the spacious and private sites of the state parks that we prefer. It's a nice quiet camp ground with a quaint little office, clean bathrooms and a pool. The county dog park is adjacent which is really convenient, but it looks more like an old lot where they maybe tore down a building. Either way at least it was close. Our campsites were right along a road which allowed for easy pull through access but no privacy or barrier to the road. I might come back again but if traveling through Savannah I would rather go to Skidaway Island than come back here. The campground does have excellent access to the restaurants and might be a great budget option for the summer busy season.

Room Tip: Request one of the shaded spots on the other end of the campground. Bring a golf cart that is road l...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyDogTravelsWithMe
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family and two other couples with our kids spent Thanksgiving at Rivers End Campground and loved every minute of it. I was a little nervous and even considered changing campgrounds when I read all the bad reviews. Our group had a great time and really enjoyed the campground. The office people were nice all week and we even had a escort to help us set up when we arrived in the rain. There is good and there are things that could be improved for sure but every campground has items to improve on. The location was just fine off the main road and close to the lighthouse, shops, and food. We have been camping for over a year and I can say this is the first campground I have ever saw clean the bathhouse and bathrooms EVERYDAY!! whether they needed it or not. Each bathroom had a sink, toilet, and a shower which was good. This campground is actually run by the city of Tybee Island which also has good and bad points to it. We had site 141 and when we go back I would prefer site 145 - 139. Yes some of the spots are small but you are camping and making friends with your neighbors is suppose to be fun. I think the best site is 140 because it is right at the bathhouse and has a little green area. Our group had kids so I would for sure not book any site that is right on Font Ave. Even though the traffic is light we just didn't want to take a chance on kids running in the street. It is kind of cool that right across the street is beach homes so you get the feeling you are truly on a beach vacation.
Now the things that I would work on improving would be to add some light to the place at dark. I stayed a extra day and when no one is around the place is dark and kind of spooky a little. I would also add some kind of fold down bench or chair in each bathroom stall in the bathhouse that was closes to us because you have no where to lay your things when showering. Finally, I the heat should have been turned in the bathhouse because it was cold outside when we was there. Especially being on a holiday weekend and the place was pretty full. All in all we had a great time at a good campground. I hope to return in the near future.
The campground did provide Thanksgiving dinner with the meat all you had to bring was a side dish to share. Our group already planned our dinner but I saw most people going to the dinner and coming back with a smile on their faces.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CaribbeanSidewinder
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We spent one night on Tybee Island after a few days in Savannah. The staff was accommodating and the bath house was clean but the campsites are very very crowded so don't expect much room to spread your campgear around. You will be given a site according to the size of your camper and even though there were much larger sites available and empty in the park, we had to take a very small site because that is just how they do it. And it doesn't matter what size the site, the price is still the same per night. Oh well, live and learn. We won't be back. It is much better to stay in Savannah and make the 20 minute drive out to the island.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Tybee Island Inn
Tybee Island Inn
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Rivers End Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!