“Fun camping weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Rivers End Campground and RV Park
Atlanta
“Fun camping weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

We tent camped for the weekend. The tent sites were nice & large, and mostly level. Bathrooms are clean & maintained, although the bathhouse gets very hot & humid after showers. But at least the hot water was great!

This is a beautiful campground, full of old live oaks draped with Spanish moss. We loved our surroundings here, and being able to walk to the beach.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

When I began planning our family vacation to Tybee Island GA, I had "best value for our money" on my mind. We chose off season (October) because of better rates, less people and mild but warm enough to swim weather. I shopped and shopped finally finding the campground. Yes I was skeptical, I mean its a campground but for $70/night, a family on a budget is in heaven! We arrived at the check in office and was quickly escorted to our cabin. They are located in the back corner to themselves but within sight distance of the pool and pavillion (perfect). Each cabin has a screened porch w/ picnic table,private bedroom, bunk beds in the hallway, a futon couch, cabel TV, full bath, sink and fridge along with WIFI (the signal reached our neighbor but not us) Outside has a fire ring and park style grill. The cabin was clean and comfortable and within walking distance to the beach and several attractions. The staff was friendly and not too much into our business. My family loved our vacation and we loved this cabin! I am convinced there is no better value in Tybee!

• Stayed October 2010
Resaca, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

My oldest son and his girlfriend flew in From NJ so we decided to take them to Savannah and Tybee Island for a wk. Well we were going into Savannah and the water pump just exploded in my F250 diesel. 6 of us stranded and 4hrs from home. Needless to say a wrecker just happened to pass us as 3 of us started to walk back towards the campground. He was nice enough to cut the price and tow us back. Well I had a panic attack had to take a sedative to calm down in my rants my son was saying"Ya know everytime I come something always breaks" My only thought was so much for a wks vacation we'll have to go home early (Last time it cost almost $4,000.00 for a transmission) and he will never come back. Needless to say we did get stuck for a day and a half and that was to take it apart and reassemble it. My Prayers could not have gotten any more demanding but STEVE the grounds mechanic came over and asked if he could help in anyway...WELL My tears just went on like a hose. He told us where to go for the parts and a shop to get it checked out afterwards to make sure we were gonna make it home. I want to say he let us us his PERSONAL vehicle to do the running around.We TRIED very hard to pay everyone back but, all they said was" Just help someone else in a time of need. There is no need for money...." My youngest 14 had to sit in the motor to get the parts out and reassembled and they just thought that was the funniest thing! They even let us use there tools. Man what a day. We did manage to get them to The Fort and a few days on the beach and then I had an Allergic reaction to some medication I was takeing so we did have to get home. The staff was very helpful to all of our needs and I must say I LOVE ANGELS , I really Do. Thank You All for such an EXCITING stay. We will be sure to be back in the near future.We have told so many of our friends of the GOOD DEED and they too are wanting to come back with us next time. SINCERELY ALL 6 of us! The Donahue's and Ashley

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I was afraid to tell the family that so many of the reviews were so bad. I was surprised to find out that these bad reviews are not accurate. The campground was great and we had no bad attitudes from the staff. We loved riding our bikes to the beach and even on the beach....what a great way to watch the sunset. All I can say is judge for yourself, and remember, "can't please everyone all the time".

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank luvtocamp36
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

I'm glad I didn't rely on some of the horrible reviews or I would have missed out on a very nice campground. The campground was very quiet. Staff were nice, especially Rex. They were very helpful in locating a good spot for our camper. I am used to even smaller quarters where I'm from in Ky so I wasn't expecting a huge lot. Our lot was quite big, though, a lot bigger than I am used to.. I loved all the live oak trees. I didn't need the showers or restrooms as my RV is equipped. It was very close to the beach, but more than 3 blocks. We rode our bikes there every day. Had great cable tv, 70 channels, including HBO. I had great Wi-Fi in the camper. I would highly recommend this campground and would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dorothy2323
Bellefontaine, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Ok first i must start out by saying TYBEE is the place to be. My family has gone there 3x in 1.5years. Condo stay is highly recommended--its sooo worth the cost. Labor Day Weekend we chose to change things up a bit and stay in what we thought was going to be our best trip yet! WRONG. We stayed at River'sEnd Campground in a CABIN. ALL I CAN SAY IS INFESTED with what i call ROACHES. We changed plans from staying in Downtown Savannagh to staying Fri, Sat ,and Sun on Tyb at the Cabin.
First before we talk about the roach infestation i must include they have no place for parking. Check in lane is the lane you must take to get back to cabins and the road was constantly blocked!!! Yes by people who are going into the store to check in or even shop!!Imagine how long you sit and wait just to get back to the cabin. Could be 5 minutes could be 20 minutes.
So here we are at the Cabin -- day light no problem. Night time hits and the bugs fri night started like crazy!! 7 to 10 roaches out of the ceiling. Killed all of them and thought oh they r dead. NOPE-- Sat night same thing. Called the manager on duty.. he came out and said islands are known for this but i understand where you r coming from. They do look like roaches. (Heres the thing roaches and palmetto bugs 2 diff things for those of you who don't know this.) My children were terrified!! Slept with the lights on ENTIRE night!! Planned a shark trip next am and check out was by 11am. We turned our key into office at 7am. While on ocean fishing i called office and told them we would not be returning due to the pest issue. Received a call while out to sea offering another cabin!!! That was our only option otherwise we'd have to speak to the manager on TUESDAY!!! WRONG answer people...Who wants to stay in another cabin---especially the one right next to the one we were in. So to sum this up---Had to leave our vacation short by1 day, threw 50.00 in food away, and paid for a night we have yet to here back from as weather we will be refunded for. Today is THURSDAY!!

5 Thank corey4
Resaca, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

The campground is ok, but it needs some TLC. They do not have enough employees working the grounds.

Most of the staff is friendly to a certain degree. Except for one lady working in registration and the camp store, not friendly at all. She really should not be working directly with customers because she has soured my overall opinion of the campground.

The beach is very easy to get to from the campground.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Rivers End Campground and RV Park? Share your experiences!