“Great place to stay in Tybee Island!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Georgianne Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
The Georgianne Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
St. Augustine,Fla.
“Great place to stay in Tybee Island!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I discovered this beautiful inn on our recent anniversary trip to Tybee Island and Savannah. It is set back off the road and I love that it was built in 1910. The owner Nick was very nice and he showed us to our suite and around the property. We stayed in suite 5 which is downstairs. The suite is beautifully decorated but it could use a small loveseat or somewhere to sit other than the bed or a hard chair. There's a kitchenette with a microwave and a small frig. There were a few minor problems, one being the water pressure in the shower. It is terrible. I had a hard time getting the conditioner out of my hair in the morning .It's probably due to the age of the building. It could also use some room darkening curtains or at least a way to turn off those bright lights out in the hallway .Overall it was a lovely place to stay and the location can't be beat. Close enough to walk to the main area of town and just a stone's throw from the beach. We only paid 75 bucks a night so it's a great room for the money. I would stay there again but would probably book one of the bigger one bedrooms with a separate living area. Be sure to go to the Breakfast Club while your there, it's just a short walk down the driveway and around the corner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Found this Inn on the internet, read the reviews, most of which were positive, so took a chance and so glad we did! We had Studio 4 downstairs and it was perfect. Quaint and cheerful, very comfortable bed, very clean. So much better than staying in a generic chain. The owner Nick was very personable and friendly and helpful with breakfast and dinner suggestions, especially the Sundae Café for dinner. Only stayed two nights while touring Savannah but would definitely stay here for a week's beach vacation or when passing by again. Absolutely loved it!!

Room Tip: Would highly recommend reserving studio 4 room as it is on the corner and has lots of big windows gi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was coming to Savannah for a conference so I asked the woman who had arranged the conference where she would recommend to stay. Being a beach person I said I preferred staying near the beach. She recommended the Georgianne Inn. I arrived at 12:00am and Nick, the owner, had waited up for me. I was so surprised when he opened the door how big the room was. The rooms are more like a B&B than a hotel. The kitchen is a little dated but more than adequate for what I need.
The location is fabulous! The beach is a five minute walk or you can use one of the complimentary bicycles they offer.
I have only been here one night but like it enough to write my first review ever!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ozzieskids
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was looking for some place affordable to stay in Tybee while I ran the rock n roll marathon. I stumbled upon the The Georgianne Inn and it was perfect. I was a little nervous of what it would actually look like because it was so inexpensive. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised. We stayed on the top floor with the renovated rooms. It was neat, clean and perfect for our family. It is very close to the beach, which was nice considering we had our 16 month old with us. Nick was actually sweet enough to send us money and a sock that we had some how missed under our bed.
Great place for the money!

Room Tip: I would to with the rooms on top, they have a nice deck.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda2wvu
knoxville, tn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have stayed at the Georgianne Inn five times over the years. I am going to try to be very honest regarding the pros and cons.

Pros: Great value for your money. Hands down, it is less expensive than anything else you will find in the area for comparable accommodations. Location is awesome and within walking or bike riding distance to anywhere on the island, including the beach. Bikes and beach chairs included with your stay.

Cons: I must say that Nick is less than consistent in his behavior to his guests. Some years he is pleasant; others, not so much. Last time I stayed he was completely rude to my husband and I, as well as our friends. We had recommended our friends stay there for Mardi Gras, and they were less than impressed. Rooms are starting to look a little run down. No breakfast included.

Bottom line, if you are on a tight budget and able to walk a couple of blocks for beach and restaurants, it is a great choice. Otherwise, you might want to spend a little more money and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are less musty and have access to porch.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dmp06
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our first visit to Tybee and we decided to stay at the Georgianne. It was easy, close walking distance to the beach and walking distance to several restaurants. We stayed In a STUDIO ROOM SINCE IT WAS JUST ME AND MY HUSBAND AND IT WAS A PERFECT SIZE, VERY CLEAN AND UPDATED. We enjoyed being able to use the bikes that Nick, the owner, provides, as well as the beach chairs. We would definitely return and tell others about this inn. You don't get breakfast here but it gives you the freedom to do your own thing. We had a wonderful couple of days!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica H
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Georgianne Inn is a nice place to stay while on Tybee. Conveniently located, extremely clean and quite comfortable. Loved how close it was to the beach. Nick is a great host. Friendly and very willing to offer advice on places to see and restaurants in the area.Providing beach chairs and bikes is a nice touch and very much appreciated. Would definitely stay again. Only thing we would change would be the room location. While the room was nice and we had quite a breeze going thru, we would probably choose an upstairs room instead of one on the ground floor. A bit too much like being in the basement.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple