“Enjoyed the View, Shrimp was too small”

Fannie's on the Beach
Ranked #16 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Will start by saying the service we received was good, no problem there. I had the shrimp quesidilla and it was good, I enjoyed it. The shrimp however, was very small. My husband and daughter both had meals with shrimp in them and they said the same thing about the shrimp being really small. We ate here on our first night in town. We did get an outdoor table on their patio and we enjoyed listening to the sounds of the surf and doing some people watching.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you're on Tybee Island and need something to eat, this is as good an option as any. We chose it because the menu looked good. The problem is the amount of food you get for the price. I ordered the shrimp and oysters with fries. Instead, I got a ton of fries with a few shrimp and oysters. The $16 meal was worth about $10.
The outdoor seating is okay, but you can't see the beach from the restaurant. Instead, you get a nice view of cars and bikes passing by, and the parking lot across the street.
Our waitress was attentive, acommodating and pleasant, and deserved the tip, but it's not likely that we'll return.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A friend and I each ordered a dozen steamed oysters for apps. After 30 min, hers came out. Mine were forgotten. Another 20 minutes later, mine came out. They were so over steamed, they were chewy and almost nonexistent in the shells. I sent them back and told the server I wanted them removed from my ticket. Eventually, the rest of our food came out. It was mediocre, at best. My biggest issue? The manager never came to the table. The server was left out in the cold and it was only her second day. I served and managed for many years at restaurants and would NEVER do that to a server or my guests. They weren't even busy. A little training for your servers, as well as your managers goes a LONG way!

2  Thank nancy21571
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wife and I loved the grilled Mahi tacos so much, we went to Fannies twice while in Tybee :)
Try em, you'll like em!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to Fannie's for Sunday Brunch and were not disappointed. We sat upstairs so we could look over the beach. It was a gorgeous day with lots of beach activity. The sun was shining and the breeze just the right temperature.

We started off with the mimosas. Our friends had Bloody Marys. They were especially pleased with those...just the right amount of spice. Our mimosas were refreshing and we took advantage of the brunch drink prices. We ordered and my Eggs Benedict were exactly as I hoped. Flavored well, smooth hollandaise perfectly cooked eggs and fried potatoes with just the right amount of soft and crunchy. My husband had the grouper sandwich with fries and loved it. Battered and fried with just the right amount of crunch.

Our waitperson, Jodi, was delightful. She kept an eagle eye on us. We never had to ask for refills or extra anything. We even asked if we could just sit and look over the beach after we finished. Jodi assured us it was no problem to stay as long as we liked.

We kept seeing all the great looking plates of food go by and even though we were full, our mouths kept watering. Fannie's will be a regular stop when we go to Tybee next year.