“We Were Impressed”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Forres Scotland
“We Were Impressed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ate here last night and really enjoyed it. Best food we have had on this trip by far, served by nice,happy,helpful staff. Special mention for the Seafood Cheesecake it was FANTASTIC and our steaks were great as well. Good wine list and everything well priced. Make sure you book you do not want to miss out.

“Very nice place”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner on our last night in Tybee. Made reservations earlier that week....plan ahead or u will wait a while or even be turned away...the restaurant had a fancy type feel to it. Parents got steaks and loved them, sister got shrimp and loved it, other sis got a burger and loved it. I got the Cajun jambalaya it was great but very spicy. The desserts were horrible except the reese pie.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delivers a decent meal”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Several people recommended this place to us. We went for lunch on a Friday and had to wait about 5 mins for a table. I had the fish tacos, which were really good but a bit too spicy for me. My husband had a huge hamburger that he loved and our daughter got a generous portion of chicken fingers. I tried a chicken finger and it was excellent. For dessert we split a piece of Snicker pie. I highly recommend this pie. There was a big menu selection. Our server was very nice but a little slow this particular day. Overall I do recommend giving this place a try. Parking can be tricky, we had to park about a block away. Next trip I will order something different though.

Tennessee
“Trying to understand the appeal...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I will try the Sundae Cafe again, because everybody on TripAdvisor can't be wrong. And neither can my colleague who vacations on Tybee every year and can't get enough of this place. But I didn't care for it.

We waited 40 minutes for a table at lunch, simply because we'd heard such good things. I had a salmon BLT (daily special) and barely touched it. The fries were limp. The tea was good! And the server was a lot of fun. Others in my group got some chicken fingers that I tried, and those were excellent. But, all in all, we agreed that it was not worth the wait.

Maybe it's better at dinner?

atlanta
“Fantastic restaurant in a strip mall”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have eaten in some great restaurants on three continents and I think the food at Sundae makes it into one of my top 20 favorite restaurants. Despite the fact that my wife and I were sitting in separate rooms (kind of a strange set up but not distracting) we really loved the meal. We had the seafood platter. This consisted of a crab cake, piece of grouper, oysters, shrimp and scallops with mashed potatoes. This was the second time I have had their fried oysters and they are the best I have ever had. Everything else was fantastic too. We split the platter and could only eat about 2/3 of it. The cost of $28 was very reasonable. Service was good too. The desert display was enticing but we were full. We will be going back again this week. Also a great place for lunch. Great décor with great artwork. A truly great find on Tybee, "the drinking island with a fishing problem"