“Close to beach and pier”

Tybrisa at the Beach
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed at Tybrisa at the Beach, room 301. We booked through VRBO (Link Properties). Condo was pretty clean... comfy beds... great view... picnic area w/grills... inground pool... play area for little ones... overall good place to stay for price! Would recommend! :-)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank photo_gurl74
There are newer reviews for Tybrisa at the Beach

Reviewed 10 March 2011

We stay here whenever we go to Tybee. We have always had a great stay and the location is the best. We can walk to The Breakfast Club for breakfast everyday. And the beach view is great. Wouldn't think of staying any other place. It's been a once a year thing for us for years.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My dad and aunt and my cuzins at tybrisa for alittle while we had our own place but we liked it thier.No worring about dogs barking or anything that comes out of them.My grandmother loved it of course I didn't like the parking lot idea you go their to see the ocean.The beautiful ocean and the wonderful ocean sound and get away from the people but other than that it was great were planing on staying thier this year oh and the pool area was awesome .

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank Beachman2
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My Mother-In-Law's Sister and Husband invited us to join them at Tybee Island, Georgia for a vacation on the beach. We stayed at "Tybrisa At The Beach" which is on 15th Street. The condo was excellent. There were two large living quarters, a large living room with TV and DVD player, large dining area and a sizeable kitchen complete with microwave. There was also a washer and dryer in the room. The condo was very clean and accommodating. We were on the second floor and had a perfect view of the beach. The condo had an elevator so there was no problem having to climb stairs. I would recommend Tybrisa At The Beach to anyone who wants a great place to stay. I am looking forward to returning to Tybrisa during the summer months and taking in the beach. BTW: We escaped the Ice Storm from where we live by going to Tybee Island.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Every year, friends of ours give us a week through their time share. I really don't know how that works but we have been to many time shares over the years. This was the worst. Our vacation was booked over a year ago and while I knew renovations were occurring on this property, I figured that by the time we got to Tybee that some or most of the rooms would be ready. That is not the case. I don't have a problem with dated decor or older furniture as long as the place is clean and taken care of. Not the case. First, let me say that the exterior of the complex was extremely clean and neat. Every morning someone was cleaning the parking lot or walkways. Even the bbqs were cleaned every morning. No cigarette butts, pieces of paper, gum...anywhere. The unit was another story. Upon entering the condo, a musty odor filled the air. First thought was that it wasn't aired out. It is on the beach after all. Well, here we go...tile floor in entry was sticky. Your sneakers actually stuck to the floor. Wallpaper in living, dining, and kitchen areas were stained with who knows what. And not small stains. Very large and noticeable. Two inch round hole above kitchen sink, dirty dishes in the cabinet. All of the kitchen cabinets were de-laminating and looked horrible. The bathrooms were ok, with exception of mold and mildew growing in the shower door tracks. The master bedroom had a double bed, not even queen sized, and was most uncomfortable. TV in the master was mounted on the side of a closet and it made it difficult to watch.
Views of the beach were nice and the area was quiet. I can imagine in high season it would be noisy. Did I complain to the front desk? No, and the reason being is where would they have put us? In another crappy unit? This room was booked a year in advance, don't you think the unit should have been updated in that time? The place was no where near filled. I saw at most about 10 cars parked under the units at one time. I was speaking to one of the maintenance workers who said that none of the units were fully ready and at this time they were working on 4 of them. If they ever finish updating the units, this would be a nice place to vacation but until that time I cannot recommend this place at all. I do have to say that all employees that I ran into and spoke with were friendly and very nice. Also, it was only a short drive, about 20mins. to historic Savannah which made it convenient.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coolporter19
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Tybrisa is on ok resort on an ok beach. The interior of our unit was severely dated (however, the manager did tell us they were in the process of updating and refurnishing units...ours had not been done yet.) The units themselves were an acceptable of level of clean (especially considering how close to the beach they are) except for the master bath. There was hair stuck all over the backside of the door (not ours....yuck) and the mirror was filthy.

The resort is right on the beach..if you can overlook the horrible public parking directly next to you between you and the beach. I say horrible because it was loud and obnoxious to have to overlook people shuffling to and from cars and yell at each other through the parking lot day in and day out. The worst issue in dealing with the public lot however was the noise coming from the Public Utility trucks. Every morning I was woken by the back-up beeping of trash trucks, etc. in my room..bright and early (7-8AM). I was not happy. It wasn't even one morning either. It was DAILY.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2009

First of all, I would like to say that Tybee Island is a very nice place, we enjoyed "The Breakfast Club", "MacElwees" , "StingRays", and "The Crab Shack" . Had a good time walking the beach and traveling to Savannah-which is an easy & quick trip. Lots of bars and little shops for the visitor on Tybee. Even the staff at the Tybrisa was nice & efficient. I wonder though if not a little too efficient to make up for what they knew was coming my way? Hmmm....
I would definitely recommend a visit to Tybee Island. However, after spending a week in one of the units (?? in the 1st phase) as a travel scout/guinea pig and now severe critic, I would not recommend the accommodations at Tybrisa.
Hopefully there are units in this complex that may have a little more appeal, but unfortunately we did not stay in one. We stayed in a unit on the 3rd floor-the view would have been nice if not for the parking lot below us (would recommend arriving on Monday-and leaving on Thursday to avoid the weekend bar crowd and what comes with that...)
The location of the complex is convenient and that is great because you wouldn't want to spend too much time in the unit with the mold creeping out of the air vents (Heard another couple say that they were having trouble breathing in the a.m. after a night of breathing in the black fungus-If you have asthma or allergies - from a medical standpoint-I highly recommend staying somewhere else).
Luckily we did not bring guests, because if we had, we would of needed to move down the beach since the guest beds most likely would have collapsed if anyone actually tried to sleep in them. The master bed wasn't much better.
I had read in a few reviews that the units were dated but clean. Ok, good for them, I would have enjoyed a little "clean". When we travel we usually stay oceanfront and understand that there may be a little musty smell in a condo or home when you arrive-but that it quickly dissipates once you open the place up, but we don't know what that "smell" was. The carpet was dirty, the top of the kitchen stove had not been cleaned from last guests, the blankets were questionable (did they really clean them between guests??) Even the wallpaper was dirty, and the furniture.. don't get me started...
and the balcony...forget about it....
Go to Tybee Island, walk on the beach, watch the fisherman on the pier, get some ice cream and eat some some crab legs, but do yourself a favor, spend a little more $$ and stay at the Beachside Colony or some other nice place down the beach.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple