All reviewson tuesdaystv and dvd playerrates varyliving roomgreat pool areashower wallour home away from homethird floormaster bathpublic parking lotshopping and restaurantsocean viewtybee pierkey cardcommon areaswithin easy walking distanceoffice staff
Reviewed 27 March 2009

The management actually wrote that on a document I saw. Their advice recommended not running the air conditioning or heat with the doors open. That's good advice but I think it's indicative of the problem with this location. Their not funded well enough to keep up with the maintenance requirements of a beach side, owner/rental complex.

I saw earlier reviews which indicated this place was a bit rundown. However, I saw on their website that they were renovating. Unfortunately they aren't renovating fast enough. The location is great. Really on the beach. Every unit has an overlook on the ocean. However, the interior of our unit needs a lot of work. The carpeting, furniture and beadspreads should be replaced. The kitchen cabinetry needs to be cleaned (or better yet it too should be replaced). On the plus side, they've replaced the tiles in the unit and around the facility. The rec room has video games and pool table that need to be fed quarters. The only "free" recreation is a foosball game with no ball and old books that no one will want to read.

This is my first time in Tybee (or Savannah) and I don't think the area can compete with Hilton Head up the road. On the other hand, its a lot less crowded and the beaches are just as nice. I would consider Tybee if you want a slower, smaller, less crowded beach community. I would not consider Tybee if you want a more modern area. I would not consider Tybrisa unless the price is right. There must be a little more expensive location that is better maintained.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank k10barge
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We just returned from a week at Tybrisa. We love Savannah and this is the only place that has units with RCI.
The units were clean, but they are way over due for an update. It looks like the last time they were decorated was at least twenty years ago. It also sounded like we had an elephant living upstairs, so I'd advise getting a third floor unit or you will be listening to people tromp around above you. I highly recommend that you don't ever book unit 210 as it sits directly behind the pier pavillion and the marine science center and parking lot are between your unit and the beach. It was quiet this time of year, but I can imagine that in the summer it would be super noisy. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and view the waves, this would not be it. Unfortunately the city has situated the community parking lots between the sand and the local hotels. UGh! What horrible planning.
When we arrived home my husband realized that he had left some clothes in the closet. When I called to have them returned to us I was told that they would be sent C.O.D. What horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt that we will ever go back to this place.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paradise_in_Style
Reviewed 18 May 2008

We bought this week on eBay for a great price and had a fabulous time! Wonderful view of the ocean and beach. Everything you need is within 5-10 minutes of walking. The drive to Savannah was scenic and wonderful. No traffic. You want to see Savannah and be on the beach? This is the place to go! And check for it on eBay. You can practically steal a vacation week there. The only fly in the oinment was a surly, ill-tempered woman named Toni that works in the office. Otherwise everything else and everyone else that works there was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank boogalee
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We went to Tybrissa at the beach in june this year instead of in the fall to take the grand kids. It was a BLAST, located right o the beach, directly behind the pier. There is a Ocean Museum at the foot of the pier...what fun!! The rates for a two br twoba fully equiupped apt instead of a hotel room were great. We had a full kitchen, and a GGGe=reat balcony where we could watch the large ships turn to go into Savannah. from the apt rear we overlooked the great swimming pool..folks this is the beat place by far to stay at Tybee.........
Have fun will be there in Sept for an adults trip..hope to see ya...
North Ga. Traveler

tybee

1  Thank NorthGaTravelers
Reviewed 11 July 2007

The condo at Tybrisa we stayed in was very comfortable and clean.The location was absolutely great, really truly right on the beach. We could sit on our balcony and watch the ocean and also had a great view of the pier. It was very relaxing and so convenient. If you are looking for a laid-back, relaxing time at the beach, relatively uncrowded this is the place for you. There is not alot of night life so this is probably not the place for you if you like more things to do. I would recommend Tybee Island for couples or for families with young children who are content at the beach and the other little side trips like the light house and fort. Teenagers probably would get bored - I know mine would have! The condo was well maintained and the staff was friendly. Alot of value for your money compared with the cost of just a motel room.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple