All reviewson tuesdaystv and dvd playerrates varyliving roomgreat pool areashower wallour home away from homethird floormaster bathpublic parking lotshopping and restaurantsocean viewtybee pierkey cardcommon areaswithin easy walking distanceoffice staff
Reviewed 5 July 2009

The Tybrisa is a nice place with a fantasiict location. The beach access is located right in front of the units as is the beach. The pool was fantastic and very clean. The unit was nice. The furniture was a little dated but comfortable. The deck was a nice size but they only provided two plastic chairs for seating. The unit had a small washer and dryer which was needed because they only provide one towel and washcloth per person. They do provide all the paper products and washing powders needed. The staff was very nice and helpful. They have a security guard at the entrance which is an excellent feature. I would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie_Collier
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I booked a week at Tybrisa for four of us (two couples- of a certain age...). After I had the reservation I found the reviews...and boy was I nervous. I even called with specific questions to address these concerns- but my worry was needless. The place was wonderful and I kept thinking about how any family could have a great vacation here.

Condition: The condo unit was spotless and nicely furnished. The supplies included everything you could want during your stay. When we used up our paper goods they were replaced with a smile. I noticed there was no hair dryer I asked at the front desk and was immediately given one.
Staff: The staff, especially Robert (I had the most dealings with him) were friendly and eager to please. They had free classic videos, many of which we had seen but were worth a second watching, which we borrowed and enjoyed.
Setting: Some reviews mentioned 'an ugly pier' and a view of the parking lot...but that is not what we saw. We had a second floor unit, (next time we will try for a third floor to increase the view) last on the left, right above the beach bathhouse, near the pier. Great for a panoramic view of the beach and people watching. The beach is beautifully maintained and the activity was during the day and early evening hours so the noise was not a problem, and added to the feeling of being 'on the ocean'.
Activities: As a group of four adults, we did not use many of the resorts facilities. We did some sun bathing at the pool, and made several trips out to the beach. The beach is great and the pier allows you walk out and be surrounded by the ocean for reading or relaxing. There is a pavilion on the pier which plays music and houses some concession stands. Again, I thought it would be perfect for a family picnic after a day on the beach. One evening I saw a little boy carrying a huge platter of hamburgers and hot dogs that had been prepared by his grand dad on the resort barbecue.
Our days were somewhat different: We walked to great breakfasts of unique omelets at Sunrise (the restaurant), then got on our bikes to explore the island. One day we rode to the light house and had lunch on the beach at this little "shack" the North Beach Grill- food was delicious! Another day we did some of the 'birding trails' which turned out not to have many birds (perhaps it was the time of the year), but it was fun exploring. Another day we returned to the North Beach and followed it up with a tour of the shops along route 80 while our friends did the lighthouse tour which they enjoyed very much. We also took a day trip to Savannah and availed ourselves of the 'interrupted' trolley tour- we could get on and off all day to explore different areas of the city.
All in all we had a great trip. I really believe that a resort's responsibility is to provide you with the opportunity to have a great vacation and the rest is up to you. Tybrisa did just that!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pegashero
Reviewed 27 March 2009

The management actually wrote that on a document I saw. Their advice recommended not running the air conditioning or heat with the doors open. That's good advice but I think it's indicative of the problem with this location. Their not funded well enough to keep up with the maintenance requirements of a beach side, owner/rental complex.

I saw earlier reviews which indicated this place was a bit rundown. However, I saw on their website that they were renovating. Unfortunately they aren't renovating fast enough. The location is great. Really on the beach. Every unit has an overlook on the ocean. However, the interior of our unit needs a lot of work. The carpeting, furniture and beadspreads should be replaced. The kitchen cabinetry needs to be cleaned (or better yet it too should be replaced). On the plus side, they've replaced the tiles in the unit and around the facility. The rec room has video games and pool table that need to be fed quarters. The only "free" recreation is a foosball game with no ball and old books that no one will want to read.

This is my first time in Tybee (or Savannah) and I don't think the area can compete with Hilton Head up the road. On the other hand, its a lot less crowded and the beaches are just as nice. I would consider Tybee if you want a slower, smaller, less crowded beach community. I would not consider Tybee if you want a more modern area. I would not consider Tybrisa unless the price is right. There must be a little more expensive location that is better maintained.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank k10barge
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We just returned from a week at Tybrisa. We love Savannah and this is the only place that has units with RCI.
The units were clean, but they are way over due for an update. It looks like the last time they were decorated was at least twenty years ago. It also sounded like we had an elephant living upstairs, so I'd advise getting a third floor unit or you will be listening to people tromp around above you. I highly recommend that you don't ever book unit 210 as it sits directly behind the pier pavillion and the marine science center and parking lot are between your unit and the beach. It was quiet this time of year, but I can imagine that in the summer it would be super noisy. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and view the waves, this would not be it. Unfortunately the city has situated the community parking lots between the sand and the local hotels. UGh! What horrible planning.
When we arrived home my husband realized that he had left some clothes in the closet. When I called to have them returned to us I was told that they would be sent C.O.D. What horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt that we will ever go back to this place.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Paradise_in_Style
Reviewed 18 May 2008

We bought this week on eBay for a great price and had a fabulous time! Wonderful view of the ocean and beach. Everything you need is within 5-10 minutes of walking. The drive to Savannah was scenic and wonderful. No traffic. You want to see Savannah and be on the beach? This is the place to go! And check for it on eBay. You can practically steal a vacation week there. The only fly in the oinment was a surly, ill-tempered woman named Toni that works in the office. Otherwise everything else and everyone else that works there was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family