Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$186
US$171
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$228
US$185
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Tybee Island Inn(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$270
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$306
US$297
Hotels.com
The Georgianne Inn(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$282
Atlantis Inn(Tybee Island)
US$141
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Lighthouse Inn(Tybee Island)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is the worst motel I have ever seen. We were desperate for a motel because we got there late and everything was booked. It was roach infested, Roaches in the refrigerator. The 2 men who run it were nasty looking and would only give us 2 towels even though there were 4 of us in the room. The pool was awful, pool chairs were broken, rooms smelled bad, no shampoo or soap in rooms, lamp shades cracked and yellow, no bulbs in lamps. A wet towel was left on the floor and it was black when we picked it up from the dirty carpet. The towels were dirty. There are no soda machines or snack machines.They wanted $169/night for this dirty place and I negotiated $300 for 2 nights including tax. When I got home he had charged me $324 on my debit card. I have requested my bank not to let them charge anything else. Oh yeah, at 10:45 they started coming and asking us to leave and get out of the pool or they would charge for another day. We asked if my daughter could play in the pool 15 more minutes and they said no more than 15 minutes. They didn't clean the room at all while we were there, or change the trash. I can't tell you how awful it was!

Room Tip: Always go to a room and look at it before you book it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Watch out for false charges after you leave. You can always call to inquire and be charged more made up fees so don't bother. Wonder how many people have been scammed by the 80yr old fraud. Nothing short of a class action lawsuit will stop this criminal activity.

Room Tip: Rooms here stink and need to be cleaned
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelingfunman
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is honestly the most shady place I've stayed at in my entire life- and I've stayed at some major dives.

It all started when the innkeeper wouldn't tell me why his rates weren't on the Choice Hotels website (that's because he lost his franchise rights, and left the signs up anyway). He took us to our NONSMOKING room that reeked of smoke and was filthy. We finally got a 2nd floor room (we requested 1st floor) and settled in.

The AC didn't work, there was black mold all over the shower, the bed was covered in questionable white stains, and none of the electronics or lights worked. It was the night before my wedding and I was miserable.

The next morning I went to check out, and the owner (who sleeps in a room off the lobby) told me that if I don't eat more salads that I'm going to "catch the diabetes and die". He pulled out a ratty old paper to "prove" he was a nutritional expert. He then proceeded to scream at me and then wash his armpits in the sink near the breakfast nook (where there was no breakfast).

My husband was packing the car and spilled an iced tea, and was using a towel from the room to wipe up. The hotel owner ran into the parking lot WITH NO SHIRT ON and began screaming at my husband for "stealing the towels" and for not using them "for their proper and gentlemanly purpose".

The owner tried to charge us $50 for the towels we "stole" (they were all left in the room) which my credit card company reversed.

Honestly, I'd sleep in my car before staying here again. You've been warned

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. To find a good room, pick any other hotel on the island.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank TravelMagicDiva88
Reviewed 18 April 2012

we checked in and manager charged my husbands card extra money that we didnt know he took off card til we called bank and when we called manager to get money refunded, he said husband put burn hole in bedspread in a smokin room. they were already there when we got in. had no right takin it out unauthorized. dont stay there. watch ur bank statement for fees he charge u for and didnt tell u until u call him and make up something to take it. we turned him in to investigators. only thing, no bugs. he took 35.00 from us and refuse to give back. run run run. we wont stay there ever again. worse hotel there. it smells bad and nothing is clean as it should be.

Room Tip: the room we were in was ok. was to the far right near fence. thats it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank melissa p
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Getting in at 4 am didnt help, we tried finding other places, and sadly they were booked so we had no choice but to go here, the Rodeway, now called Sunrise motel, is the worst place Ive ever stayed in. The best I can say is that I didnt see bugs. They took a deposit of 10.00 for the key, which btw didnt work and we had to have the clerk let us in each time we came back in. The pool wasnt open yet, but it was so green you couldnt even see the bottom of it. The mirror was broken as you can see by the pic. They could have at least only charged us half price since we got in at 4 am but charged us a full night. We stayed only because they didnt have any place open. This is the weekend before St Patricks Day so they were full. The small frig they had was broken inside, although it did work. There was a small microwave and surprisingly they did have free wifi. The TV was older and you could either change it to black and white or live with watching it in pink..as the color wasnt working. The next day we had to wait until the owner returned (an hr after checkout) so that we could get our 10.00 deposit back as the clerk claimed he didnt know how to give back the deposit. When we complained about the place and him overcharging us, the owner claimed he charged less then anyone else around and insisted that he did everything to make his customers happy even going so far as to go get some 1994 dated paper to prove that he was a good person. Just run from this place and dont stay here if you value your safety and money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends