“Bugs”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Bugs”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The room smelled like funk. There were burns in the bedspread. Cock roaches scattered when bathroom light went on. The front desk did give me a freshly laundered bedspread when I took the funky smelling one to them. Avoid this place if u can! Ok if you're only on the island to party.

• Stayed April 2014
13 Thank Sheilatea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

not the Ritz, but not a dump. it was okay, nothing special. short walk to the beach. the motel has a different name now. The desk receptionist seemed pleasant. I found the bed comfortable. Free Wi-Fi was nice.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jlantern3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

It 's dirtiest place i'v ever been. Wow! The carpet is covered with stains, hair and dust everywhere. Towels in spots and very old.
The mirror is covered with traces of the hands. Non-smoking room that stank of cigarette smoke.
Ran away.
Swiming pool, was close but i would never even put my finger in .

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kizimova

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Great too stay with little money. Very friendly people, excellent customer service, nicer then previous management. with little money is great place to stay, we paid per night $ 55+tax then other place is about over 60 dollars per night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank roy p
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed just one night here until our condo nearby was ready for us to move into. The pool was small and not clean...no one used it while we were there. Their spa has been filled in with concrete... Very classy. Rooms were fairly clean but poorly appointed with extremely old and outdated bedding, carpet and furnishings. We called for extra pillows and were told no and hung up on by the person in the office. Only positive is that it is 1 block from the beach. I would pay more to stay elsewhere 100% of the time after this experience.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Kndeicher
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This guy charged my card for 207 and I didn't stay there and was told I was going to get my money back!! Charges will be pending today! This guy writes out a receipt and when he did I should of known not to stay here. I paid with a debit card and he ran my card for 207$ after telling me that it was 169.50. I got to the room and it was disgusting. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Only good thing was the location!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Josh M
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is the worst motel I have ever seen. We were desperate for a motel because we got there late and everything was booked. It was roach infested, Roaches in the refrigerator. The 2 men who run it were nasty looking and would only give us 2 towels even though there were 4 of us in the room. The pool was awful, pool chairs were broken, rooms smelled bad, no shampoo or soap in rooms, lamp shades cracked and yellow, no bulbs in lamps. A wet towel was left on the floor and it was black when we picked it up from the dirty carpet. The towels were dirty. There are no soda machines or snack machines.They wanted $169/night for this dirty place and I negotiated $300 for 2 nights including tax. When I got home he had charged me $324 on my debit card. I have requested my bank not to let them charge anything else. Oh yeah, at 10:45 they started coming and asking us to leave and get out of the pool or they would charge for another day. We asked if my daughter could play in the pool 15 more minutes and they said no more than 15 minutes. They didn't clean the room at all while we were there, or change the trash. I can't tell you how awful it was!

Room Tip: Always go to a room and look at it before you book it.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
#21 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sky Suites? Share your experiences!