Royal Palm Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)
View Hotel
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
  • Pool
South Beach Inn(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
All reviewshouse shoescleanest hotelwon't break the bankclean place to stayshort walk to the beachhave stayed here several timesclean roomswould stay here againnice poolwithin walking distancetybeeislandmaid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2010

The reviews that I had read, said that it was clean. It was filthy. Not once,in a week, was the bedding changed. The toilet, sink, and tub were not cleaned while we were there: nor was the floor mopped or the table or counter cleaned. The towels were tiny, thin, and rough (no loofa needed), the blanket on the bed was beyond gross (I used my beach towel as a cover), the tiny bar of soap was so cheap that it didn't lather, no hot water for two days, refrigerator that kept things "cool", coffee pot that had to be unplugged to turn off, plastic liner for ice bucket never replaced(had to pay for ice to put into the ice bucket), nor were the plastic cups, COCKROACHS in the bathroom. When we checked in, we about choked to death from the "fog" of cigarette smoke in the office. (Some cigarette smoke smell doesn't bother us). We had to pay for the entire stay, up front, before seeing the room or getting the key. Now I know why!!!!! The ONE good thing, was that it is just a short walk to the beach. I was totally prepared for "nothing fancy" as long as it was clean. I could have never prepared myself for such filth.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank KCS58
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I usually spend every year here for approximately 10 days or so at a time. I love it. It is an older motel, but updated, clean and you can't beat the service or the pool. Their pool is about the best on the Island. They are right across the street from the beach! You can get a regular room or an apartment with full size kitchen. And you can not beat the value!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2009

It’s nothing special. Small, but clean. I found it pretty cozy myself. I knew for what I was paying for it was not going to be the Grand Marshall of motels. Convenient, friendly staff and cheap! Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Spent 3 nights here with no complaints. Great value for beach location. Clean, well ran, very friendly staff. One of the first motels on island, old but well maintained. Pool was wonderful and very clean. The price made our trip possible, otherwise could not have visited Tybee. Thank you for not eliminating the ability for middle class folks to visit and stay on this beautiful island. Can't pay $175 per night that most places were asking. This $75 per night left us with plenty of money to eat and play on the island. Royal Palm is THE place to stay on Tybee!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodyball6
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My family and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Royal Palm Motel. I had read reviews of the motel, so I was not surprised at the decor when we arrived. It is very old, but very clean. Our room had two beds and a desk in it, with little room for much else. The bathroom was so small that my knees touched the bathtub when sitting on the toilet. The shower was very small as well, but the entire bathroom was very clean. The main issue with the bathroom was that the toilet would back up from even the smallest amount of tissue put in it, and the bath towels were barely big enough to dry off my 4 year old son. There was a fridge in the room, as well as a microwave, but I was surprised that there was no iron or ironing board at all, or even a clock. Also, there is no closet. There is a small shelf, about two feet long, hanging on the wall with a few wire hangers on it. I by no means need a 4 star hotel to travel comfortably, but would have liked a few more ammenities than provided. The parking lot was very small, cramped, and it was a fight daily to get a parking spot. My only issue with cleanliness was that our carpet was FILTHY. I would not let my family walk around on the floor w/o flip flops on at all times. If you did, within seconds, your feet were completely black. The one thing that my son loved was the swimming pool right outside of our door. It was very clean, and we saw the management tending to it daily. All in all, it was a pleasant stay on Tybee Island, but we will spend a little extra money in the future to stay at a more updated hotel. I do recommend that if you are going to stay here, do not stay in a room on the bottom floor. We did, and it was so loud from upstairs, that you would swear the ceiling was going to cave in at any moment.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family