“Great place to stay”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We had sincere and honest customer service. Parking is somewhat limited, but the people at the front desk are more than happy to take you via golf cart from a larger parking lot behind the Dunes hotel to their location, which serves for a pleasurable ride through Tybee. The location is very nice, with only a short walk to a quieter part of the beach.

In terms of the rooms, I found them endearing. They definitely aren't modern or new by any means, but you can tell the owners put thought and care into the individual characteristics of each one. The rooms are smaller, but comfortable. Who wants to be in a room while they're at the beach anyway? Overall, nice place to stay with great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Atlantis Inn

Reviewed 27 May 2012

In January, my wife made reservations at the Atlantis Inn for 4 nights at $69.00 per night for May 17-20. When we arrived on the 17th, the manager informed us the owner would not honor the confirmed rates, due to a city function on that weekend. We protested, vigirously, but the manager (Mel) basically said pay extra or find another hotel. After additional protest, he said the owner agreed to "split the cost". Due to the late hour and lack of alternatives, we paid an extra $100.00. The next day we reported the "bait and switch" to City Hall. One of the ladies there gave me the name of a contact in the Chamber of Commerce and suggested we check rates of a condo building nearby. We found the condo acceptable and immediately checked out of the Atlantis Inn. We paid for one night's stay and received a credit for the difference. After we checked out an left the premises, apparently another night's stay was charged to my account. I discovered this additional charge when I returned home. The additional charge was not authorized or known to me until I checked my credit card account. So here is the moral of the story: 1) Atlantis Inn Management plays "bait and switch" on the rates. 2) Atlantis Inn Management will charge your credit card without your knowledge. 3) The rooms are not in the shape as depicted in the advertisements. They are well worn. 4) Don't trust Atlantis Inn Management - they are not looking out for your interests.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My fiance and I decided to go to Tybee for a long weekend and found The Atlantis Inn on the web, we thought the rainforest room looked like fun, we booked it and paid a one night's deposit. Fast forward six weeks when we check in at the front desk the nice gentleman at the counter takes our debit card and charges us for the full four night stay, once we catch it and bring to his attention that we had already paid for one night and that he owed us the deposit back, he tried to overturn the charge, then he tried to charge us for the correct amount, but since we have a $1000 /per day limit, the card was declined.. he said not to worry and come back in the morning. We came back the next morning only to find out that the lady at the front desk had already charged our card AGAIN for the correct amount (HOWEVER, they still had not overturned the incorrect amount).. at this point they had charged our card $1200!!!!!!! When we brought this to her attention she said they had overturned the old amount and that she was CERTAIN it was back in our account.. We had her call our bank and they indicated to her that both amounts were still on hold. NOW i know this will be resolved and that it can take 5-7 business days for a hold to come off... BUT COME ON, had we been on a tighter budget they could have really messed up our vacation. My main issue is the cavalier attitude of the front desk lady, she casually apologized and told us if we needed money to take it up with the evening desk guy that made the mistake in the first place... REALLY? I would have also appreciated her contacting us PRIOR to charging our card the second time. NOT the best customer service and they could certainly benefit from a training course on how to use the credit card machine.

Now with all of that being said, we had a great vacation and the room was decent, but probably not worth the $170 per night charge. The place is a little worn down and the room wasn't exactly how they advertised it on their website. Not the same layout, bed, waterfall, etc. Walk to the beach was close (only 2 blocks) and the restaurants on Tybee are fantastic. Also, there was not enough parking for the rooms, we had to park on the street two of the four nights. We might give the Atlantis one more shot but will probably try someplace else out first.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This place booked 8 rooms for a wedding party and took deposits. A few weeks later, they began calling everyone to say the rate had gone up. They said contracts are made to be broken. Don't trust them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jo Ann M
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I liked that all the rooms had a theme to them. I thought that wasa unique idea. The rooms, however, were a little old and run down. The bed and the pillows were pretty uncomfortable. The bathroom smelled like sewage and I found a roach in the bathtub on our last day!
The personnel was very friendly and it was really close to the beach but for the condition of the rooms, i do not think the price per night is worth it.
Also, they advertise free WiFi but it is so slow and it keeps kicking you off about once every 2 minutes. There was not a TV in the bedroom so we wanted to watch Netflix movies when we went to bed but it was impossible. The movies would not even load. I don't think I will be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank velevad
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Although it is in no way a typical beach experience, the Atlantis Inn is an adventure that my wife and I still talk about constantly. Every room in the inn is decorated with a truly unique decor that thrills the senses.

From the "Gone with the Wind" room to the Atlantis Suite on the top floor, the hotel is a truly unique trill ride through and through. We caught an amazing deal in the off-season for the top floor, and we have already made plans to return with all our kids.

If you are accustomed to the finer things in life and adventure is something that other people have, this is not the hotel for you. But, if you want a truly unique time, this is your stop-off while on Tybee Island.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank debate76ster
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Keep in mind that your not in Miami or Atlanta at a 4 star motel and this will be just fine. Each room has a different scheme and all are nice. A little pricey but real close to pier and all Tybee Island has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!