“Return to Tybee”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Returned to Tybee this past weekend with friend. I loved the theme of Atlantis. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms were all beach themed and had queen beds. Hardwood floors and bead board walls. This definitely reminded me of a beach cottage. Atlantis is centrally located lots of restaurants and gift shops around and it is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. They are a step back in time, and it was enjoyable to go down in the morning for coffee, Danish and Juice. No Phones in the room, coffee pot, and blow dryers. I would return and if you are looking for a step back in time. I would highly recommend you visit Atlantis, I know that Kay, Jerry and Blair will make your visit a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was pleasant with big trees out the window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms are very cool they all have different themes! They staff was great also ! 4 women in one room whatever we asked for they gave us no problem! I'll give it 4 stars and two thumbs up! We will be back same time next year for sure! We stayed in the seascape oct 4-6 ! Mw

Room Tip: All rooms are great! No pool or fitness but your 1block from the beach
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I am a college student that chose to stay here over my fall break with one of my friends. We chose this hotel because of the low cost and decent looking pictures. However it wasn't decent at all. The room had a stale smell. The bathroom was nasty. The shower had black hairs all in it and the shower curtain was severely molded. We chose not to take showers and being dirty over getting in the tub and catching a fungus. Their mothers obviously never taught them how to clean or they're just extremely lazy. Our bed was equally as gross. We slept on top of the bed and had to lay our own blankets down. Nothing worked in our room either. I have put up with some pretty bad things in a college dorm but I would choose that over this hotel any day.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My Husband and I usually stayed in Savannah then drove to Tybee for our beach plans, but this time we wanted to stay on Tybee. I was looking online for comparison prices, comments, etc. and stumbled upon the Atlantis. I loved the pictures I saw for the themed rooms, and I was so excited to see the pricing was already dropped for off-season! I was not able to book it with my card, (we had an expense account with cash only) so I called and talked to the office about alternatives to reserve the room. The personnel I spoke to were friendly, courteous, and really worked around my situation. Blair was super friendly, Kay (the Manager) was also stellar. When we got there, we were there about 2 1/2 hours before check-in time, but we were still able to check -in early! The room we stayed in was the Sea Treasures. It was not one of the themed rooms with the murals, but it was private. It was down a little secluded hallway, and my window faced trees instead of the street. Exactly what I could have dreamed for! The room was clean, with wood flooring, and a large bathroom for a hotel room! (like the size of a average house bathroom!!!) The beds were comfortable, the sheets smelled clean, and the room had the smell of clean (I personally love that I saw the cleaning lady with bleach). You can tell it is an older building (it was built in the 50's) by a few spots of cosmetic damage in the room, but you can also tell that it was cared about and was clean. The location is only a block away from the swimmer's beach and pier, one road over is the main shopping strip, and you are walking distance from almost everything you need/want to do on Tybee! The breakfast is a small breakfast with pastries, mini-bagels, cereal, etc. I personally have found my go-to place to stay on Tybee. I love places with personality and excellent service, and I was not disappointed! If you expect a perfect, modern, and "chain hotel" feel, this is not a place for you. If you want somewhere that is quirky, friendly, old-fashioned, clean, fun, and understand that because a place is older there are a few cosmetic flaws, welcome home!

Room Tip: Every room is different, call and ask about location, theme, etc. versus looking online at pictures.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I were looking for a casual, beach-chic hotel, we came across the Atlantis Inn.. we stayed here two nights in a regular room on the first floor, it was simple, cheerful and great location down the block from the beach. Staff was always welcoming, its a fun little seaside inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Safari Suite for our honeymoon at the Atlantis Inn the nights of Sep 30 and Oct 1and everything was wonderful! Kay and Blair greeted us kindly and made us feel right at home! The suite was gorgeous and cozy and everything was walking distamce from our room! Romantic,Great Spot for couples and we cannot wait to ce back and try a new themed room next time!
♡ Casey and Amanda Simonton

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed in Atlantis Inn room 16 the Oceanbreeze from 9/19 to 9/22. The decor was very cool and the staff especially Kay, property manager, and Bruce, maintenace, made me feel right at home.Everything I needed while I was in room I got. Short walk to beach and pier. Block away from steallar dining and enterainment. I would highly recommend for a vacation, reserving rooms for wedding guests etc.

Room Tip: Ocean Breeze excellent for one or two people.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!