“Flooded Room................what more needs to be said.”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Review of Atlantis Inn
This will be lengthy so if you want to just know a quick judgment then move on to the next review. We booked our hotel room on Tybee Island a month in advance. I honestly picked it because of the themed rooms in the area; along with they are LGBT Friendly. We stayed in the Rain Forrest room. The room was to come with a King Bed and a Hot Tub in the room. I found that a little odd that there would be a Hot Tub in the room but my partner assured me that it was not unheard of.
When we arrived to the hotel a little after 5PM. I thought it was odd that the front desk clerk said we were wondering if you were going to be here. After checking in and paying for the remainder of the hotel fee the clerk said “there has been a little problem with the room. The Hot Tub has overflowed and the floor is still a little damp.” A little damp was an understatement by far. The floor had huge puddles of water in it. After unloading stuff on the bed, we had to ask for more towels to continue to soak up the water on the floor. The desk clerk came back with a towel and mopped up the floor again saying “that is just the water in the cracks of the floor.”
As if that was not enough of a problem there were no phones in the room so make sure you have a cell phone on you. If you have AT&T don’t expect to get service in the hotel room we had to step outside to make calls. The hotel stated they had Free Wi-Fi. They do have Free Wi-Fi, but I guess you get what you pay for. In our room the Wi-Fi would not connect so once again, I had to take the laptop outside to do my work that I had to do while we were away. The last problem I had is do not expect breakfast. You would think with a charge of $169/night for the room we were in you could get up and at least have something decent to eat. They provide packaged muffins, cheerios, one type of Danish, and English muffins. They also provide coffee, orange juice and milk. All in all I would say the people that take care of the place are super nice. They seem to be genuinely caring and want to do right by you. The manager/owner was there every morning and didn’t really say much. I think I got a “hi” out of him twice. If we return we will not stay in a room with a Hot Tub and that is for sure. With that being said the theme rooms are really cool but are dated. You are only one block from the beach which is very nice with parking being so horrible on the island and there are a few great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Do Not Choose the "Rainforrst Room."
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here Easter week for a few days celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Room #11 "Captains Quarters", 2nd floor. Living room area with sleeper sofa & super size TV, kitchen/dinette area, large bedroom w/king bed w/ TV that is just for DVDs, medium size closet and small bathroom. FYI, no elevator. Great place to stay on Tybee Island. Don't mistake dirty for age. I caught Janet on her hands and knees cleaning behind some furniture. She did not know I was watching her. The inn is showing age, but the owners are in the process of updating the rooms. I understand that there has been some recent changes of ownership and staff. Dave and Janet were the best hosts ever. They live on site, so they are always available for assistance. They are more than happy to help where needed. They are constantly busy, but never too busy to take a few minutes to chat and make you feel comfortable and safe. If we ever go back to Tybee Island, this will definitely be the place we stay. Location is super convenient. Easy walk to restaurants and pavilion & pier.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband stayed at the Alantis Inn, In Tybee Island. Wow! we had the BEST SERVICE anyone could ever ask for and more. Janet & David really went far and beyond the call of duty to ensure we had a memorable stay. The rooms each with it's on Theme decor. Hard Key, Beautiful scenary, among beautiful people(Janet & David). It was off the chain! only 17 mins. away from River Street in Savannah, Right at the beach. David took us anywhere we wanted to go and.. picked us up. Even made me a pot of coffee and brought it to my room with all the trimmings. Continential breakfast was good. (You have to pay for parking everywhere in Tybee Island) They were the best staff I have ever encountered as it relates to hotel stays. Thank you soo much Janet & David for your exceptional service. We will be Back!! Continue to be the excellent people you are. Brighter days shall rest upon you for the rest of your days. We will never forget you ... Or this place. Again Thank you.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed here Apr 7-11 2014 In the Sunset Bay Room #5.The room was great, but Janet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My lady friend and I spent a week at the Atlantis, in a king suite. We arrived on a late flight and didn't get a good look around the room until morning and we were very disappointed. The bed linens were wrinkled as though they had not been laundered and the bathroom had hair in the tub. Soap dish was dirty in the shower, and we couldn't seem to get a full roll of toilet tissue any morning without going in search of one. Most of the help was nice and helpful, but the housekeeper was far too chatty and wouldn't be quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floydfletcher123
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This was a last resort as all hotels in Savannah were booked for the night. The room was dingy, stuffy and did not appear to be well cleaned. The bathroom was littered with pubic hair and the sheets were stained. I get grossed out every time I think of this place!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KelBobKaiReidKinsey
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This place is a real find! If you are into quirky, colorful, memorable spots, this is for you. Very clean, great staff, great location, and excellent value. Each room is totally painted in a different theme. Rain Forest, Under the Sea, Moulin Rouge ..it's a trip!
And breakfast in the morning!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind experience for your stay on Tybee Island, Atlantis Inn is it. It is in an older building, but has been decorated with a specific theme for each room. The bed was comfortable, the water hot, flat screen TV with a large number of channels, and we had WiFi hookup. Some things were more primitive about the hotel, but that is what makes it unique and interesting. We stayed March 18-20, 2014 in room #17, "By the Sea", and slept with dolphins and mermaids. All the staff were friendly, but we realty appreciated Dave, who checked us in and then made some calls to find us a dependable place nearby to get a tire fixed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!