“Can't wait to go again!”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute three day trip to Tybee Island, Dave and Janet were extremely accommodating and welcoming! The first night Janet recommended AJ's for dinner so Dave offered to drop us off and pick us up on his golf cart witch was very nice of him. Dinner was wonderful! Overall our stay at the Atlantis Inn was great and we look forward booking another trip with them!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just driving through on our way to Florida,,, the very cool night manager sold us the last room the Posiedon. We were a bit apprehensive, never been to tybee island and at 10 at night taking the first room we could find, but much to our surprise when we got to our room we were amazed. The room was up the steps around the corner around the corner again up the steps, we were thinking oh lord what have we gotten ourselves into. After we got in our room we the. Discovered how awesome it was. The room was Greek themed for the name of the room. When you walk in you see the raised bed in the center of the room with a sheer canopy all the way around it. The rest of room was just as night.. Hot tub in the corner, tile floor granite counter tops full tiled shower... Very nice and very clean!! As far as service the night manager was very helpful and easy going.. We couldn't figure out how to get the tv on, instead of just telling us he offered to come up to the room and do it for us.. Very personable..very nice!!! As far as the beach we were a block away, but felt very safe to walk. All and all... Very awesome stop over, we will definately go out of our way to stay here again. Thanks Atlantis inn for the great experience !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms have different themes and this is a very quaint and unique place to stay. Great service, not too far from the beach and pier in Tybee, and a very nice garden area and decor. I would recommend this for a nice couple get away or for a small family. Awesome rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is David N.
My wife and I took a vacation trip on May 19th thru May 22th, 2014 to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We wanted something different than just staying in a motel, so we found The Atlantis Inn on the internet. It looked like a neat place to stay so we booked a 4 day stay in the Ocean Breeze room. When we first arrived we weren't impressed mainly because of the location and the building looked old. After check-in we looked around and checked the beach and the area out and changed our minds. We were away from the heavy beach traffic and noise but close enough to the beach and food and bars ( I recommend Wet Willys burger with frozen drink). We wound up enjoying our stay more than we had imagined we would. The staff members were friendly and helpful. The cleaning lady was great. She took us on a tour of the other rooms and told about them. If not for her, we would have thought all the rooms were small like the one we had. The smaller room was no problem for us, but, the next time we stay there, we will try the larger rooms. The breakfast was coffee, muffins, cereal, danish, and orange juice. Not the best but sure beats paying 40 dollars for two to eat a block away.
Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing steps, tell them you need a ground floor room. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david_nH8913VE
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Review of Atlantis Inn
This will be lengthy so if you want to just know a quick judgment then move on to the next review. We booked our hotel room on Tybee Island a month in advance. I honestly picked it because of the themed rooms in the area; along with they are LGBT Friendly. We stayed in the Rain Forrest room. The room was to come with a King Bed and a Hot Tub in the room. I found that a little odd that there would be a Hot Tub in the room but my partner assured me that it was not unheard of.
When we arrived to the hotel a little after 5PM. I thought it was odd that the front desk clerk said we were wondering if you were going to be here. After checking in and paying for the remainder of the hotel fee the clerk said “there has been a little problem with the room. The Hot Tub has overflowed and the floor is still a little damp.” A little damp was an understatement by far. The floor had huge puddles of water in it. After unloading stuff on the bed, we had to ask for more towels to continue to soak up the water on the floor. The desk clerk came back with a towel and mopped up the floor again saying “that is just the water in the cracks of the floor.”
As if that was not enough of a problem there were no phones in the room so make sure you have a cell phone on you. If you have AT&T don’t expect to get service in the hotel room we had to step outside to make calls. The hotel stated they had Free Wi-Fi. They do have Free Wi-Fi, but I guess you get what you pay for. In our room the Wi-Fi would not connect so once again, I had to take the laptop outside to do my work that I had to do while we were away. The last problem I had is do not expect breakfast. You would think with a charge of $169/night for the room we were in you could get up and at least have something decent to eat. They provide packaged muffins, cheerios, one type of Danish, and English muffins. They also provide coffee, orange juice and milk. All in all I would say the people that take care of the place are super nice. They seem to be genuinely caring and want to do right by you. The manager/owner was there every morning and didn’t really say much. I think I got a “hi” out of him twice. If we return we will not stay in a room with a Hot Tub and that is for sure. With that being said the theme rooms are really cool but are dated. You are only one block from the beach which is very nice with parking being so horrible on the island and there are a few great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Do Not Choose the "Rainforrst Room."
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here Easter week for a few days celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Room #11 "Captains Quarters", 2nd floor. Living room area with sleeper sofa & super size TV, kitchen/dinette area, large bedroom w/king bed w/ TV that is just for DVDs, medium size closet and small bathroom. FYI, no elevator. Great place to stay on Tybee Island. Don't mistake dirty for age. I caught Janet on her hands and knees cleaning behind some furniture. She did not know I was watching her. The inn is showing age, but the owners are in the process of updating the rooms. I understand that there has been some recent changes of ownership and staff. Dave and Janet were the best hosts ever. They live on site, so they are always available for assistance. They are more than happy to help where needed. They are constantly busy, but never too busy to take a few minutes to chat and make you feel comfortable and safe. If we ever go back to Tybee Island, this will definitely be the place we stay. Location is super convenient. Easy walk to restaurants and pavilion & pier.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband stayed at the Alantis Inn, In Tybee Island. Wow! we had the BEST SERVICE anyone could ever ask for and more. Janet & David really went far and beyond the call of duty to ensure we had a memorable stay. The rooms each with it's on Theme decor. Hard Key, Beautiful scenary, among beautiful people(Janet & David). It was off the chain! only 17 mins. away from River Street in Savannah, Right at the beach. David took us anywhere we wanted to go and.. picked us up. Even made me a pot of coffee and brought it to my room with all the trimmings. Continential breakfast was good. (You have to pay for parking everywhere in Tybee Island) They were the best staff I have ever encountered as it relates to hotel stays. Thank you soo much Janet & David for your exceptional service. We will be Back!! Continue to be the excellent people you are. Brighter days shall rest upon you for the rest of your days. We will never forget you ... Or this place. Again Thank you.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed here Apr 7-11 2014 In the Sunset Bay Room #5.The room was great, but Janet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!