“Okay but could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Okay but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've grown up coming to Tybee and the Golden Isles and I remember seeing this Inn and thinking it was so cute! So we decided to try it out. It was just okay.
Pros: close to the beach (walking distance)
cute themes for the rooms
The bathroom in our room had been redone and it was really nice and new looking.

Cons: dirty: the sheets had stains, every towel we had in the room had stains.
The room was small and musty smelling.
The door to our room was hard to open and often stuck.
The door to the bathroom was swollen and would not shut all the way.
The bed and pillows were hard.
We were only given one washcloth but 4 towels for 2 people.
The 2nd day we were there, housekeeping never came by. The next day they came by and we happened to be there while she "cleaned" but all she did was sweep and wipe down the bathroom cabinet.

The bottom line: I wanted to love this Inn. I think the themed rooms are cute and artsy; very original. But, this inn could be SO MUCH better! I really think it has the potential to be one of the better hotels on the island, but there is not a lot of thought given to detail. Our room had no hooks in the bathroom to hang wet clothes or bathing suits. The furniture in our room was nice quality, except for the bed- which was just a hard matress (no headboard). The sheets were stained and were the Walmart brand. The owner (I guess) didn't seem too concerned about what was going on. The rooms need to be redone and maintained to really be nice. As it is now, it just seems like a hotel that used to be quirky and fun but now is run down and the owners don't care about it much. It's a shame. The hotel was full the entire time we were there. The owner needs to put money into making it a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was not excepting anything upscale, but I was excepting more. Our room was small and smelly, and we couldn't get internet connection. The covers were cheap and had cigarette burns. Plus, there was a large flying roach that decided to hide behind one of the beds. We were excepting character and charm, but we were a bit let down. Would have happily paid more for a bit more comfort.

1 Thank Lisha K

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It was our honeymoon and I couldnt have been more disapointed. The pictures on the website were at least 6 years old. This info per the employees themselves. We rented the poseiden which was supposed to be their most elaborate room. It was shown to have a large jacuzzi tub. When we got to the room the jacuzzi wouldnt work. I went to the desk and was informed by the clerk that it hasnt worked for a year. We left very disapointed. I would not recommend it to anyone

3 Thank candy c
Newnan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

First, we check into the hotel and there is no parking ANYWHERE. Their solution was that we park 3 blocks away and carry our luggage. No one offered to help and the worker said, "I do it everyday." For the price of the hotel, you should at least be able to park your car. Secondly, we walk in to our room and the room was filthy. There was sand all over the furniture and the tile floors were disgusting. We showered in shoes and never walked barefoot in our room. The shower did not drain at all. There was still water in the tub the next morning. I was drying my hair and blew a fuse. Nothing else was plugged in. They were quick to fix the blown fuse. I would never stay here again. I would return to Tybee, but would opt for another hotel or rent a house or condo.

1 Thank glennspray
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

June 2014, I stayed at the Atlantis Inn on Tybee Island, GA. I was very happy with my stay at this charming location. It is within walking distance of the beach, shopping and nightlife. The hotel was full during my stay. I found it to be quiet at night. My room in this historic hotel was small but, clean and tidy. It had everything that I needed for my three night stay. Each room has a different "theme". Different sizes as well. Small was fine for us. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Other guests seemed to be very friendly as well. There is a great covered deck area with seating for those who like to sit outside or who smoke! I spent some time in this area talking with other guests and people watching. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again. It is a great place to spend a weekend! Don't expect the Hilton, you would be disappointed. It is an old building with lots of character and charm! For a trip to the beach, it is great! Give it a try!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We checked in on July 2, 2014 and stayed in "By The Sea". Hotel is a funky, retro throw back and was very clean. A light breakfast was available in the dining area by front desk. The staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful. The Inn provided coffee, juice, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, yogurts, apples, and more. We slept very well. Beds were super comfy! Atlantis Inn is just minutes by foot from the beach, and away from the maddening crowd. Definitely going again and recommend to anyone who seeks the aforementioned in a hotel. LM & PM

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are fine. They are older rooms, not renovated, but super clean and just perfe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Abbeville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in the Tybee Palms theme room on May 17th . This was an excellent hotel experience. They had a very friendly and helpful staff that got to know you by name and made you feel like you were staying in your home town. The themes were awesome, the maid actually let us look into some of the rooms so we could pick out which room we wanted to stay in on our next trip, I am definitely going back to stay in the Moulin Rogue room. It also had a great location, 5 minute walk to every bar/restaurant in Tybee and the beach. There is a roof top porch with a great ocean view. The price was also surprisingly one of the best deals in Tybee island.
William S.

Room Tip: Take time to look at the website and call in advance to get your first choice in rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!