“The Best Service”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Last spring my girlfriend and I stayed at this wonderful little spot, and I can't believe that I had forgotten to write a review until now! What really makes this place is Dave and his wife, who are the best hosts and hardest workers that we could've asked for. We'll be driving down from Boston in late August and definitely plan on staying there again before we head back to Atlanta!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulandAnalee

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Although most hotels and timeshares on the island are old this was beyond run down. Sometimes a good deal is not worth it. Our room was on the front where the side walk is and at night every drunk was walking by which wouldn't be a big deal if I was young but I was there with my children and my mother. There was a gap in top of the door so wide anything could get in. The door locks can easily be opened with a screw driver which was used to let my husband in when he forgot his key. And if you didn't slam the door when you left (and even though the door is locked) anyone could pull the handle and the door will open. The staff was very nice and as helpful as they could be. We woke up one morning to tiny roaches that appeared to be coming from the tv. The blow dryer in the bathroom was matted with hair on it. Next time I go I'll spend the extra money to stay in at least a little better kept place. And the owners of this hotel also own the dunes and we were allowed to use the pool there and was told by families staying there that hotel is also run down.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy P
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place for several reasons.
1. The way the rooms are portrayed on their website is very missleading. They are not even close to what they look like on the website.
2. The first room I had there was dirty, the TV did not work properly, the advertised "Fine Linings" is a joke, nothing more than dollar store quality. They moved me to another room and it also had issues. The pullout couch was broken, the refrigerator did not work properly had to be replaced, it did have a hot tub but the wall behind it was rotten out and moldly looking.
3. The manager "Jay" was very rude and has absolutely no customer service skills! He should not be working with the public!

In closing I would like to say that the guy that checked us in was very helpful. He and his wife both tried to make our stay there as comfortable as possible. But since they just worked there what he could do was limited. But I commend them both on there excellent customer service!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam W
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've grown up coming to Tybee and the Golden Isles and I remember seeing this Inn and thinking it was so cute! So we decided to try it out. It was just okay.
Pros: close to the beach (walking distance)
cute themes for the rooms
The bathroom in our room had been redone and it was really nice and new looking.

Cons: dirty: the sheets had stains, every towel we had in the room had stains.
The room was small and musty smelling.
The door to our room was hard to open and often stuck.
The door to the bathroom was swollen and would not shut all the way.
The bed and pillows were hard.
We were only given one washcloth but 4 towels for 2 people.
The 2nd day we were there, housekeeping never came by. The next day they came by and we happened to be there while she "cleaned" but all she did was sweep and wipe down the bathroom cabinet.

The bottom line: I wanted to love this Inn. I think the themed rooms are cute and artsy; very original. But, this inn could be SO MUCH better! I really think it has the potential to be one of the better hotels on the island, but there is not a lot of thought given to detail. Our room had no hooks in the bathroom to hang wet clothes or bathing suits. The furniture in our room was nice quality, except for the bed- which was just a hard matress (no headboard). The sheets were stained and were the Walmart brand. The owner (I guess) didn't seem too concerned about what was going on. The rooms need to be redone and maintained to really be nice. As it is now, it just seems like a hotel that used to be quirky and fun but now is run down and the owners don't care about it much. It's a shame. The hotel was full the entire time we were there. The owner needs to put money into making it a better place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was not excepting anything upscale, but I was excepting more. Our room was small and smelly, and we couldn't get internet connection. The covers were cheap and had cigarette burns. Plus, there was a large flying roach that decided to hide behind one of the beds. We were excepting character and charm, but we were a bit let down. Would have happily paid more for a bit more comfort.

1  Thank Lisha K
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It was our honeymoon and I couldnt have been more disapointed. The pictures on the website were at least 6 years old. This info per the employees themselves. We rented the poseiden which was supposed to be their most elaborate room. It was shown to have a large jacuzzi tub. When we got to the room the jacuzzi wouldnt work. I went to the desk and was informed by the clerk that it hasnt worked for a year. We left very disapointed. I would not recommend it to anyone

3  Thank candy c
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First, we check into the hotel and there is no parking ANYWHERE. Their solution was that we park 3 blocks away and carry our luggage. No one offered to help and the worker said, "I do it everyday." For the price of the hotel, you should at least be able to park your car. Secondly, we walk in to our room and the room was filthy. There was sand all over the furniture and the tile floors were disgusting. We showered in shoes and never walked barefoot in our room. The shower did not drain at all. There was still water in the tub the next morning. I was drying my hair and blew a fuse. Nothing else was plugged in. They were quick to fix the blown fuse. I would never stay here again. I would return to Tybee, but would opt for another hotel or rent a house or condo.

1  Thank glennspray
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!