“yippee!!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“yippee!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We just got back from a visit to Tybee and a stay at the Atlantis Inn. We made our reservation through a vacation site, and when we got there, we asked for the Gone With the Wind suite, as its my favorite movie and we were celebrating our anniversary. They were very accommodating and readied the room right away. We liked the fact that this is an older hotel; our room felt like a little bungalow by the sea! If you are looking for a cookie cutter room, don't bother to stay here! But, if you want a really unique room in a place that is affordable with a VERY friendly and hard working staff, booking a room at the Atlantis Inn is a GREAT bet!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent a week at the Atlantis Inn and can't say enough positive things about the inn, the location and the staff! Easy access to the heart of Tybee Island and a block from the beach. We immediately felt at home and relaxed. The staff (especially Jay!) were extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions and where to go!

We loved the themed rooms - great fun!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong - so many theme rooms to choose from!
Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 August 2014

OK people this is not a Hilton ,but could have been better,Most of the hotels in Tybee were rated bad and there are no major brand hotels there.A 1950's movie could be made here with no props added.Cons. bad locks on doors,window air cond. didn't work well,carpet wore out,room out dated,inter net bad,the lounge had 1 table for coffee and donuts.I could go on ,but will stop here.
Pros,Dave the owner is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet,short walk to the beach,shopping,eating so park your car here and walk.If you drive anywhere you pay to park.Thats right anywhere including the beach,on the street,off the street wow.We rented bikes and rode everywhere.So prob. want be back.Will head up to Hilton Head next time.

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I added pics to go with my previous review. Again I have to add the staff was nice and as helpful as they could be given what the owners leave them with to work with. This was room 19 and maybe you would have better luck with one of the other rooms. I wish I would have taken more pics.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Last spring my girlfriend and I stayed at this wonderful little spot, and I can't believe that I had forgotten to write a review until now! What really makes this place is Dave and his wife, who are the best hosts and hardest workers that we could've asked for. We'll be driving down from Boston in late August and definitely plan on staying there again before we head back to Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulandAnalee
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Although most hotels and timeshares on the island are old this was beyond run down. Sometimes a good deal is not worth it. Our room was on the front where the side walk is and at night every drunk was walking by which wouldn't be a big deal if I was young but I was there with my children and my mother. There was a gap in top of the door so wide anything could get in. The door locks can easily be opened with a screw driver which was used to let my husband in when he forgot his key. And if you didn't slam the door when you left (and even though the door is locked) anyone could pull the handle and the door will open. The staff was very nice and as helpful as they could be. We woke up one morning to tiny roaches that appeared to be coming from the tv. The blow dryer in the bathroom was matted with hair on it. Next time I go I'll spend the extra money to stay in at least a little better kept place. And the owners of this hotel also own the dunes and we were allowed to use the pool there and was told by families staying there that hotel is also run down.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy P
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place for several reasons.
1. The way the rooms are portrayed on their website is very missleading. They are not even close to what they look like on the website.
2. The first room I had there was dirty, the TV did not work properly, the advertised "Fine Linings" is a joke, nothing more than dollar store quality. They moved me to another room and it also had issues. The pullout couch was broken, the refrigerator did not work properly had to be replaced, it did have a hot tub but the wall behind it was rotten out and moldly looking.
3. The manager "Jay" was very rude and has absolutely no customer service skills! He should not be working with the public!

In closing I would like to say that the guy that checked us in was very helpful. He and his wife both tried to make our stay there as comfortable as possible. But since they just worked there what he could do was limited. But I commend them both on there excellent customer service!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#11 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!