Beachside Colony Resort
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
US$107
US$102
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
US$118
US$114
  • Pool
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
US$119
US$114
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
Hotels.com
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
US$150
US$144
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
US$141
US$125
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$172
Agoda.com
Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$390
Travelocity
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
US$362
Travelocity
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsentire complexprivate beachgreat place to staymarlinvuecondobedroomunitstybeebathclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Beachside Colony was a great place for my husband and I to vacation. We stayed at the Ocean Song (1 BR) 8 days last week. The accommodations were great...the condo was very clean and nicely decorated...it was like being at home. The personnel at the office were pleasant , very welcoming, and always had answers for me whenever I called prior to our trip. Our ocean view property was ideal with easy access to the well lit parking garage, pool, and beach. I was even given a tour of other buildings (2-3 BR) on the property so I knew what to expect for future visits. Each one was as nice as the other...loved the tiled floors, king size beds, and jucuzzi tubs. I have several co-workers who want to try it out.
Deb - Atlanta

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I have read some really bad reviews of Beachside Colony and feel the need to set the record straight.We live in Savannah and stay at Tybee several times a year. I rent from the office at Beachside Colony (which means the unit is managed by them) The employees are always nice,helpful and welcoming.Any problem is dealt with right away and with a smile. We always stay there during the fourth of July and no matter how busy it is,they are available and attentive.I do a lot of research before choosing a unit as cleanliness is very important to us. I have never been disappointed with what the staff has steered me toward after explaining our needs and concerns.People need to understand that Tybee's charm is in the laid back way and not expect a 5 star resort. We eat at Marlin Monroe's often (the onsite bar/food place) and love the atmosphere,food and servers. The pools are a little small.but I enjoy siiting around the pool and the atmosphere.I appreciate that there is someone on site to check and make sure only guests who are paying for the facilities are using them. It can really be a fun place to stay!

Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This has to be the filthiest condo I have ever been in. I think it may be worst than any cheap motel I have stayed in. Tile floor must never have been cleaned, you can rake up hairballs by running your feet over the rugs. Everything in the kitchen had to be re-washed.

I understand the previous comments from the general manager that they are not responsible for thisparticular unit. However, the outside of the complex is pretty run-down and dirty as well. Surely they take responsibility for the three tiny and equally dirty pools and the unbelievable rules they have for them. We gave up on using the pool after the second try and the pools were the main reason we chose this place. It has been such a bad experience I doubt we will ever visit Tybee Island again. All the employees of the complex seemed to live in fear of reprisals from management and were unwilling to do anything to help in any way.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2008

One of the best family vacations we've had inside the US. The property is beautiful with lots of blooming oleander bushes and palm trees, very tropical. The grassy areas were lush and green. Straight convenient walk-thru to beach. There are 2 pools, although rather small for the property and there is a kiddie pool with a small waterfall which was nice. There's also a very nice restaurant, located poolside, called Marlin Monroe's where you can get about anything you want to eat or drink. Plenty of covered parking so you don't have to worry about paying the ever-present parking meters on Tybee. This is a teriffic location, nice wide beach with lifeguard stand directly in front of condos. You are far enough away from the south end and pier area that it's not overcrowded but you're close enough to walk to the pier if you care to. We did this several times, you are also close enough to walk to the north end of the beach where the lighthouse stands. Perfect, perfect location. We saw dolphins in the ocean every single day. Our particular condo was in the section called the Tybee Beach Club. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath oceanfront unit that was gorgeous. Beautifully decorated, well cleaned and maintained, although I believe they are the newer condos. NIce size bathrooms, granite counter tops in nice kitchen, washer/dryer combo......that comes in handy if you don't want to come home and wash clothes for a week!! Nice, big balcony with chairs over looking the Cabana Club, pools, and ocean. Living room sofa doubles as a comfortable pull-out bed. Office staff were helpful and friendly, only time we needed them was to get a remote for the TV in the master bedroom, they gave us 2 to try but neither worked....no matter, we didn't watch tv that much anyway but it was a bit of a pain while lying in bed at night just to fall asleep. Small TV's located in master bedroom and living room. We were not in the room enough to care about the TV's but they were rather small. Very nice furnishings, we were extremely pleased with our unit. It was on the 2nd floor, room 231. We rented through VRBO.com but after that all communication and confirmation was through the front office at the resort. Would definitely stay here again....very nice resort although it would be nice if the pools were enlarged or an extra pool was added. Never did find the grills that were supposed to be located on the property. Directly across the street is the Tybee Public Library and a playground located behind, for those of you with small children. My entire family which consisted of myself & hubby, 2 sons ages 21 & 25 and youngest sons girlfriend stayed in this condo. We all had a blast. We rented jet skis and took a dolphin tour from a marina located only a few miles up the road. Made a few night-time trips into Savannah as it's only 15 or 20 minutes away from condo. As relaxing or exciting a place as you decide to make it. Stay here and have fun, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Lizaj
Reviewed 18 June 2008

We rented unit 435 in the Beach House on the Dune part of this resort. It was disgusting and filthy. I have stayed in many beach resorts over the years, and this resort is the worse! The dishes were dirty, scoff marks all over the walls, bathtubs were dirty with mildew and mold, furniture was shabby and broken, furniture not been dusted, floor was dirty and needed swept, air vents were filthy, appliances were dirty, mattress in master bedroom had huge stain on it and was disgusting. Everything in this unit was shabby, old, in need of repair, and dirty. We complained to management only to be told it was the "owner's" fault and that nothing could be done. The pools were dirty and full of sand. This place is old and not well maintained. I would never recommend this resort.
The pools are very small but the big problem was the little dictator that rules over the pool area. You are not allowed any food or drinks at the pool unless you buy it from their little rinky dink, (awful) tacky poolside restaurant. Also, no floats are allowed in the pool. We brought our 7 month old for her first trip to the beach only to be told we couldn't have her float in the pool. Pleassseee..... For safety reasons, I don't want to be holding my eighteen pound daughter while we are both greased up from suntan lotion for the duration of our fun pool time. So, I purchased a baby float to put her in. The little dictator will ruin anyone's happiness while at the pool.
There are so many other beaches and resorts where you can spend your hard earned money that are much cleaner, friendlier, well lite, and spacious. I would never recommend this resort and probably will never return to Tybee Island. The beach here at Tybee Island is also dirty as seaweed has accumulated for months while no one has even attempted to sweep it away.
SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank kk111307
beachsideTybeeIsland, General Manager at Beachside Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2008

As the General Manager for Beachside Colony I am often frustrated by reviews written about units that my company does not manage. The unit 435 that is described in this e-mail is not a unit that we manage. That particular unit is managed by Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals. As property managers they are also responsible for the pools. I do not appreciate this company's good name and reputation being negatively affected by something we have absolutely nothing to do with. In the future if guests have a complaint they should be sure and post it with the company they rented their unit from.