“Friendly People, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Downtown Grill - CLOSED

Downtown Grill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Joel Coen Pkwy
Description: The place to go in Fayette County for a casual, upscale dining experience. Great food. Reasonable prices. Prompt, courteous service. Warm, inviting decor. Extensive and unique menu choices, featuring a popular Blue Plate special and delicious entrees. Beautiful, full bar with signature martinis, impressive wine selection and quality draft beers. Private banquet room available. Located just North of Peachtree City, in front of Tyrone's Legacy Theatre. Stop by for a quality lunch or memorable dinner.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly People, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I called ahead and made a reservation for a Sunday night. I found it odd that the table I reserved was then surrounded on every side with other diners when there were plenty of other tables in the house.

Other than that, everything else was exceptional. My wife and I started with fried green tomatoes, that were perfectly fried and deliciously seasoned. She had a french dip with an au jus that was too salty. But it didn't matter too much because the roast beef was cooked, sliced and seasoned perfectly.

I had a fish and chips that had just come out of the fryer. It was very good. The service was friendly and attentive.

I would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014

Illinois
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Ate at the Downtown Grill on recommendation from the hotel staff where I was staying in Fairburn. Nice to find a good restaurant when traveling that is not a chain. Food and service was good. Restaurant environment on a saturday night had a mix of dressy folks as wells as jeans. Would go there again.

• Visited May 2014
Newnan, Georgia
“Nice place and nice food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place is near my office so I love to eat there because the food is very good. The staff is great and you will not be disappointed by the food. The food does get a little boring as they haven't really changed the menu in 2 years.

• Visited May 2014
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Nice place. We are glad we found it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I found the Downtown Grill on Tripadvisor and we are glad we did. Very nice atmosphere, the waiter was attentive but not hovering, and the food was great. We got a small order of the Blue Cheese Chips for an appetizer that was very good. Both of our entrees were outstanding.
We will be back soon.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Big Deal?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were being treated to dinner by another couple, so while lingering by the entrance the host began shouting at my back "Hey we could seat you now". Ignoring this for a few seconds, a guy leaving with a take out order said "I think he means you". Real classy service, huh?

After ordering and getting our meals, the server said the garlic bread accompanying my entrée would be out momentarily. Um, no. It arrived after I'd finished my scallop special which promoted lots of bread to sop up the coulis. Well, maybe with my sleeve I suppose.

All the regulars seem to relish the place but I wouldn't take guests. Know what I'm sayin'?

• Visited March 2014