“it was not only a terrible experience but they did not honor priceline.com”
Review of Scottish Inns

Scottish Inns
Scottish Inns
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Unadilla
Camilla
“it was not only a terrible experience but they did not honor priceline.com”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I reserved a room on priceline.com. the management would not honor that reservation. my room for 2 nights went from $80.00 to $202.00. I had a confrimation #, the desk clerk stated he could not find it.The room was terrible. The wall paper was peeling, and there were roaches in the bathroom. DOOOOO NOOOOTTTT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: "rooms in the back looked shabby" "inside rooms were awful"
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sheila A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NC
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I pulled in and waited in line as the manager argued with another customer about and extra pillow. Paid my money and wnet to my room. No working heat or television. Went back up to the front desk and told them about the issues, and the manager said no problem, he'd have housekeeping come right over. Waited 25 minutes and went back up to the front desk. I asked, rather politely, if I could have another room since it was late. He said he didnt have another room (I guess the four cars in the parking lot really filled this one up), and then screamed at me to get out.
I said that wasnt necessary and that I just wanted to go to bed. He explained that the housekeeper was 'taking food,' and would get to me when he was done. He also said that I coulnt have my money back since I was in the room more than ten minutes. I said no, I was in my car this time and he could see me. Reluctantly, he gave me my money back, and as I picked up a card with the hotel information on it, he tried to reach across and snatch it out of my hand.
I travel for a living and this is by far and away the worst motel I have ever been to. It is an absolute disgrace to have someone treat people this way.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank aquariumgravel

Travellers are raving about these Unadilla hotels

Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2009

My husband and I were on our way to the mountains and decided to pull over to get some sleep, what a bad decision that was! The heat was not working and it was about 20 degrees outside. I was freezing but refused to get under the covers out of fear of bed bugs. Unfortunately, I still got bite up a few times. The towels were thin and stained. There wasn't one clean towel in the room. It was horrible!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1319
Chicago, Il
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I was rather unhappy with our recent stay at this motel. The room was rather dingy and first impression was "what are we getting into" .The ad states that the rooms are completely remodeled, but the ceiling in our room had obvious signs of water damage and shoddy repair. The towels were very skimpy, the air conditioner worked minimally and our TV remote did not work at all. When I went to get a new one, the man at the desk put new batteries in the old one, but it still did not work. The desk person's command of English is not proficient, and he did not have a friendly manner. We also saw cock roaches on the morning of our checkout or we would not have stayed. There also is no clock radio.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SLPChicago_IL
ga
Reviewed 6 April 2009

we stayed here while my daughter competed at a 4-h mounted drill team horse show. to any body going to a event at the arena save your self!!!! drive to perry!!!! its worth the 20 min drive. the rooms were nasty!!!! they also charged 50 Extra dollars because they said we smoked in the room. believe me if i had it would have been an improvement.the room was 39 a night i guess you get what you pay for. just take my advice dont do it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank lan7709
CHI-Perry, General Manager at Scottish Inns, responded to this review, 19 October 2009
I apologize for the experience that you have had at the Scottish Inn - the owner has brought me in to help him get his properties sorted out and respond to guest concerns such as yours. I realize that this response is fairly late in coming, but we only found this review this morning, and I would like a chance to respond.

From all the information I have been able to gain from the owner (who this guest actually had contact with - it wasn't me), this guest had more people in the room than was stated at the front desk. She had 6 people in the room when she had registered four at the front desk; the capacity of our rooms with two beds are only for four people, otherwise it compromises the comfort of the guests in the room. Also, she was booked for a non-smoking room, and our housekeeping staff, as well as the owner, had found that the room smelled of smoke shortly after their departure. An altercation ensued at the front desk with the owner, and he says he was forced to call the Unadilla police to help him handle the situation.

I would like the chance to mend any proverbial broken fences for you, and you are welcome to call the hotel and ask for either myself or the owner. We would be more than happy to assist you.

- Nikki Paige
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unadilla
Ramada Cordele
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#8 of 24 in Perry
Best Western Colonial Inn

Been to Scottish Inns? Share your experiences!