“Don't do it!”

Scottish Inns
Scottish Inns
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Unadilla
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Do yourself a favour and don't stay here. The phone and the remote do not work, the staff are not very personable and the room is pretty shoddy. The police do rounds through the parking lot, which makes me really nervous. It smelled musty and we had to leave the door open for an hour to air it out. Really not thrilled about staying here but we had to get out of the rain (riding a motorcycle).

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was a horrible place to stay over night. None of them speak English well at all, and are very unhelpful with complaints. The health department needs to come check this out. It is unsuitable for anyone to stay. There was blood on the comforter and sheets, cockroaches in the bathroom, the front door didn't lock, the hot water in the sink didn't work, and the sink water ran. We found all of this with out even looking hard and we quit looking out of fear. This hotel is a health hazard, and should be shut down. Please DO NOT stay here for your own safety.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Should've known when I saw the sign, "no refunds after first half hour." The bathroom sink fell off the wall. One of the lights did not work. I'm not sure the last time the room was cleaned. It should be condemned.

When I told the desk clerk the next day about the bathroom sink, she did not seem surprised at all.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JamesWigderson
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This place its awful and really dirty, Customer services it’s the worse no one at this place speak English, and good luck getting hold of the manager. We made a reservation and then we cancelled 2 weeks in advance and when we ask about cancellation number they said we don’t have. Comes to find out they charge our card and we been fighting since to get our money back, and of course dealing with someone doesn’t speak English and they tell no manager today actually that’s the only word they know. After all this place its very bad and you will regret even calling there because it’s a hassle.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place its really really bad, if you need to sleep somewhere stay in your car ins...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula D
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I reserved a room on priceline.com. the management would not honor that reservation. my room for 2 nights went from $80.00 to $202.00. I had a confrimation #, the desk clerk stated he could not find it.The room was terrible. The wall paper was peeling, and there were roaches in the bathroom. DOOOOO NOOOOTTTT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: "rooms in the back looked shabby" "inside rooms were awful"
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheila A
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I pulled in and waited in line as the manager argued with another customer about and extra pillow. Paid my money and wnet to my room. No working heat or television. Went back up to the front desk and told them about the issues, and the manager said no problem, he'd have housekeeping come right over. Waited 25 minutes and went back up to the front desk. I asked, rather politely, if I could have another room since it was late. He said he didnt have another room (I guess the four cars in the parking lot really filled this one up), and then screamed at me to get out.
I said that wasnt necessary and that I just wanted to go to bed. He explained that the housekeeper was 'taking food,' and would get to me when he was done. He also said that I coulnt have my money back since I was in the room more than ten minutes. I said no, I was in my car this time and he could see me. Reluctantly, he gave me my money back, and as I picked up a card with the hotel information on it, he tried to reach across and snatch it out of my hand.
I travel for a living and this is by far and away the worst motel I have ever been to. It is an absolute disgrace to have someone treat people this way.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank aquariumgravel
Reviewed 9 December 2009

My husband and I were on our way to the mountains and decided to pull over to get some sleep, what a bad decision that was! The heat was not working and it was about 20 degrees outside. I was freezing but refused to get under the covers out of fear of bed bugs. Unfortunately, I still got bite up a few times. The towels were thin and stained. There wasn't one clean towel in the room. It was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1,319

Been to Scottish Inns? Share your experiences!