“The smell of death....” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Herndon, Virginia
“The smell of death....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Until the Atlanta weather disaster forced me into the Country Hearth Inn, Union City, GA. I thought I had stayed in the world's worst. I was wrong. I was really, really wrong. From the moment you enter the lobby until the manager has to break into the room reserved for your torture, there is nothing good to say about this level of hell.

First, the door to the room was broken. The front desk clerk had to break me in via a magnet and large master key since the electronic lock had long ceased to function. The signs of a crowbar being used earlier were obvious, and the fact that the security bar was dangling uselessly were a sign that this was not going to be a good night. I mentioned these details to the hotel employee, to which he replied "you sleep now" and walked away (NOT making that up). The only thing missing in the room was the chalk outline from previous victims, which ironically is the only sign the room has EVER been visited by housekeeping. One power outlet in the room was functional, the rest useless holes in the walls. The towels were dirty, the carpet was filthy, the cigarette burns in the bedspreads offered a nice color contrast to the rest of the filth that covered them. The faucet in the bathroom was broken, only a Houdini-like action brought water out of the tap.

The only way this live version of Dante's Inferno gets more than one star is from the staff, that is plain and simple. Any review suggesting this is a viable, acceptable or non-lethal form of lodging is a lie. The only suitable tenant for this hostile hostel is Wes Craven, he can use it without modification for the location of his next scream flick.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, it's better. Seriously.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Randy_VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

They need to shut this place down, room had pealing paint and mildew on the wall, heater vents was filled with sheet rock debris, Furniture is very worn, television is very old, carpet is dirty, telephones don't work, staff is terrible, Marijuana smell all down the halls, staff doesn't speak English well and they are not courteous, I stayed from 2am - 12pm and I didn't even take a shower, the bathrooms were dirty, they charged to much for the room, I only stayed because I was really tired and they changed my room from the first one (which was a disaster) and I endured this tragedy, they false advertised the breakfast, because it was only cereal, in all reality, I thought I might get sick from breathing. I'm gonna end this review because I can go on and on, they need to be reported to the dept. of health, do your self a favor and stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Derrick P
Broken Arrow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I read the reviews and decided to book for my family for a place to stop on our way to Florida. We arrived at 11:30 p.m. and went into the lobby to find a 3 inch bullet proof glass window between the lobby and the guy checking us in. That was a bit weird but he was friendly and got our room key to us with little wait. We went back out to our van - and these people were watching us unload (they were staring out of their windows just watching us - like 3 rooms of people - it was very creepy). We carried our bags into the hallway and the moment we opened the door were blown away by the cigarette smokey smell. Then we turned a corner only to find a giant, bowling ball size hole in the wall - that was a bit disconcerting. We walked into our room to find a giant hole in our comforter and the lights were dim and didn't come on all the way. We all looked at each other (my 3 children are all grown) and walked right back out, got into the van and left. We had prepaid the $54.00 on Orbitz - totally didn't care if we lost our money. We did NOT feel safe at this hotel. 100% sketchy. We turned our key in and just told the guy on duty behind the bullet proof glass that we did not feel safe and had to leave.
We drove another hour south and found a nice family hotel to stop at and get some sleep. Whew!! What a scary ordeal. I'm not sure how my experience varied so much from the other posters who have stayed here? We did not feel was not a safe place for our family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 5inOklahoma
Fairburn, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had to catch a flight out of Atlanta. My house was in desrepair, and I wanted someplace cheap. I decided to do the Country Hearth. The motel was really nice. Staff was nice and helpful. Our room was clean, and the beds were nice. Motel is close to the airport, I-85, and a few restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
STOCKBRIDGE, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is the first time I ever chose to stay in a hotel other than the Marriott, Hyatt or the Hilton. but do to my belongings getting missed placed including wallet. I was really impressed with the exterior not to mention the luxurious entrance and just simply blown away with the service and the apperance of the business suites. When I say alot for less its really and understatement. When the airlines called to return my belonging I chose to stay here and been sold with Country Hearth Inn. Ever Since........

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

my family and i spent a night there it was horrible the carpet on the floor is in dire need of replacement. the internet wasnt available we had to go to the front desk for towels the linens were dirty it was awful for the price we paid we asked for a refund but to no avail.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank p s
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

The first time my boyfriend and I stayed it was late and we stayed overnight just to crash! The second time we went however there was a beer cap in the bathroom on the floor, cigerette butts and paper behind the desk, dispoable cups under the bed and the room had the worst ordor! Upon pulling the covers back we found a large brown stain on the comforter! The guy at the front desk was very friendly and gave us a full refund since there was NO way we were sleeping there!

• Stayed August 2010
Americas Best Value Inn Douglasville
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#9 of 13 in Newnan

Been to Country Hearth Inn Union City? Share your experiences!