“Wish it had been better”
Review of 306 North

306 North
Ranked #4 of 258 Restaurants in Valdosta
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Offers casual dining with a twist in a relaxed, Southern atmosphere. Visit us for a wonderful and new dining experience. Bar is open until ... Hours: Monday - Thurday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 9PM Friday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 10PM Saturday: 5PM - 10PM 306 North is a locally owned and operated restaurant that features a blend of Southern sophistication with classic comfort. We strive to provide local and fresh product as much as possible. We get fresh produce from local markets. Cheeses from a dairy nearby, and farm raised meats from the area. This supports our community and allows for a superior experience.
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We came here as a second choice, first restaurant was closed. Great looking, American cuisine menu. Average wine list. Prices fine for food offered. Beautiful building, easy parking. Very attentive service, if somewhat unpolished. Dirty plates stayed on table too long. otherwise, service very sweet and polite. She crab soup excellent. Caesar salad missing croutons, quesadillas missing sour cream. All three entrees over cooked. Filet ordered medium had no pink, presented well done. Salmon filet very thin and also overcooked. Scallops beautifully sauced, also cooked 2 minutes too long. Such a shame, with tiny adjustments from the kitchen, would have given it 4.5 to 5 stars. On the up side, we had 3 children with us and they were very accommodating to our family. Would try again, maybe we caught the chef on an off night.

Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that we did not provide an exceptional experience and do hope you try us again. We will share your input with our chef to ensure we eliminate the shortcomings you noted.

I apologize and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

306 North was great! I'm a college student and the prices are higher than most restaurants, but the quality of the food is better as well. I enjoyed the service the two times I've gone. I highly recommended the pork loin, duck, cabbage, and spinach salad. The second time I went, I ordered scallops and they're pretty small. I will stick to the pork loin. My fiance adores the ribeye steak too! Each time I've went, the bill has been $60+ and we didn't mind because the food was great! Tipping the servers more than 20 percent was not a problem for us. I will go back to this place, and cannot wait until it gets hot to sit on the patio portion.

Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Ashlee,

Thank you for giving 306 North an A+. We are excited that you enjoyed your food and your service and look forward to having you enjoy our patio when it gets warmer!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Passing through Valdosta for the first time, we decided to visit the old town section as we often do in a new city. Downtown Valdosta is depressing but 306 North made the trip all worthwhile.

The young bartender and waiter were both students at the local university and their service and demeanors were impeccable. True, young, southern gentlemen.

The room was very appealing and the Maitre-D made us feel at home in a friendly, professional way. He suggested a wonderful Austrian white wine ($4 during Happy Hour), and then a Washington State Red with dinner when our first choice was not available. Both were superb, as was his service.

The food was magnificent. I had the chicken cordon blue and my wife enjoyed the recommended redfish. The gouda grits accompaniment was wonderful. Sam the chef made a point of coming by and ensuring dinner met our approval. We had full dinners, desert, and a bottle of wine for $75 before tip.

We only wish we could transplant this gem to upstate New York.

Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for visiting us at 306 North as you passed through Valdosta, and for sharing your feedback on the experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your meal and our service, and we will share your comments with our team. Please stop by again should your travels bring you back to Valdosta!

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I went here with a few colleagues from work for dinner. We arrived around 6 for an early meal and were immediately seated. We expected that it may take a while to get the food, but surprisingly it took almost no time at all even though there was a fair size crowd in the restaurant. I ordered the steak and linguini entree. It can with squash and zucchini slices in a delicious red sauce. It was very very good and extremely filling. I have no complaints about this place and would recommend it to anyone.

Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for spending a few minutes to review 306 North. We are so glad you and your colleagues joined us for an early dinner, and that you had a nice experience.

Please come see us again soon,

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We spent a night in Valdosta in route to Florida and had dinner at 306 North based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was a delightful experience. The food and service were excellent. If you arrive before 7:00, there are early bird specials which are an excellent value. The dishes were very tasty, well prepared and showed a level of sophistication usually associated with restaurants in larger cities. The restaurant is attractively decorated with a soothing atmosphere and lighting. I actually enjoyed the restaurant more than any we visited in our week in Orlando.

There seemed to be a number of locals dining there on a Wednesday night or sitting at the small bar. I think 306 North is open for lunch too. If you are driving on I-75, it's definitely worth the short detour to downtown Valdosta. The food is so much better than you would find at the franchise restaurants lining the strip near the interstate.

Amy C, Owner at 306 North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for stopping by 306 North on your way to Florida. We appreciate when people make the short trip from I-75 to dine with us, and are very happy that you found the experience worth the detour.

We hope to see you again.