“Amazing hotel all around!”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! It's Very upscale and clean. The staff was also always friendly and helpful. For a bonus it has great food! I would most definitely suggest this hotel to anyone staying in the valdosta area.

• Stayed: July 2014
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for the awesoem review on our hotel- we appreciate it very much! Please stay with us the next time you are in Valdosta!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I found the staff to be helpful as the evening before I called and had the room upgraded to 2 queens from 1 king for only $5. The room was large and fairly comfortable except for the mattress. I was very surprised for a Hilton to have a cheap hard mattress.

Room Tip: Check out the mattress
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, and for taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

We look forward to seeing you again and we will make sure your stay is great!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had an unfortunate expereice at this hotel due to the fact that they tried to charge me twice for the room I already had confirmed and payed for. Hotel staff were rude and non helpful. Even told me I was not that improtant of a regular type customer so I was out of luck. I think Hilton is a strong brand but this hotel not up to their usual standards of solid customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family has stayed at this hotel previously and had a good experience and that is why we wanted to stay here again. However, this visit was not as pleasant as the previous for many reasons. The first being it was very difficult to control the thermostat in the room because it would make the room either too cold or too hot. Another issue we had with the room was even though this establishment has a bed in which you can adjust the comfort of the bed, the control is also very difficult to use and you have to search to find it. We also did not have any issues checking in but did not get the room choices that we would have preferred on the past two occasions. The main problem of this hotel is their restaurant they have in house. It is in the best interest of guests to avoid this because the food is overpriced compared to the restaurants around the hotel and the service is horrible. For instance, the last night we were there, we had dinner at about 8:00pm. The restaurant is open until 10:00pm. We walk into the restaurant and the server took about five minutes to get our drink order which is a little long considering we were the only people in the restaurant at the time. To make matters much worse, our dinner order was lost because of a “computer glitch” and then took AN HOUR TO GET SIX DISHES MADE WHEN WE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE RESTAURANT! Naturally, the manager on duty at the front desk tries to resolve our frustration but only makes things worse when she gives us A COUPON FOR 10% OFF OF ONLY ONE MEAL!!!! This came out to save us about $1.70. Even the bartender tried to make things better by offering everyone a free drink but all we wanted was our food. Needless to say, we became very distraught over this matter and they did eventually agree to comp our meal but THEY FIRST HAD TO CHARGE IT TO OUR ROOM AND THEN REVERSE THE CHARGE!!! We will not be staying at this hotel because of the lack of training of their employees, the lack of management and the average cleanliness and overall feeling of the rooms.

Room Tip: Have a room up on an upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I especially like their Fitness Facility. I stay here whenever I'm in Valdosta on business. If they are full, parking can be a challenge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your awesome feedback on our hotel and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I am a diamond-club member and NEVER want to give a bad rating to any Hilton Property.... BUT because the way my complaint was handled at the front desk at check out I am leaving this rating... The hotel is very nice, the pool was clean, room was clean... But the air would not cool below 74-76 in the room... When I told the lady at the front desk, she smiled and said OK... My kids and wife was really disappointed in the stay for this reason only... Next week I will need to stay at the Hampton Inn down the road (don't want to but I love HVAC) on the same exit ramp... Wish the experience would of been better, we plan on being in the area a lot in the near future....

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mike W
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Reported the A/C did not working. The room stayed 75/79 degrees even at 3 a.m. (this is in Georgia, on the FIRST day of Summer) We woke up slumped into a "hole" in the mattress. The clerk at the front desk was rude when we reported the variance in the reservation cost. The clerk hung up on me when I offered her to see the e-mail confirmation, for the room we reserved. I would not and will not stay at another Hilton. I will stay with Marriott, like I should have, when I booked this mini-vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Keith J

We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations, and that your visit to our hotel did not go well. Please allow us on your next visit to make it right for you!

Have a great day~