“Nice Stay With Few Issues”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Atlanta, GA
“Nice Stay With Few Issues”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located just off I-75. Check-in was handled efficiently and smooth, even though there were a couple of other groups ahead of us.

We stayed in a double queen room. The room was clean and included a microwave and mini-fridge. The room did not have any unusual smells. The bathroom was also clean and had a really nice showerhead. The main complaint I have in regards to the room was that the walls seemed very thin. I could hear people clearly speaking in a adjoining room. I could also clearly hear the sound of doors closing all the way down our hallway. Also, the thermostat did not have a setting for 'fan'. Typically I set the unit to 'fan' to drown out any outside noise. Fortunately I did have a white noise app on my phone that I used to drown out a lot of the noise.

The complimentary breakfast was above average for this type breakfast. The breakfast attendants did a very good job keeping things stocked and clean. The workout facilities were adequate and the free wireless internet access worked with no problem. The kids enjoyed the pool, however there were no towels available on the evening that they swam. No big deal, just had to go to the front desk to get some.

Overall, this is a decent hotel located right next to I-75. It's a good hotel to use a a stopping point for going either north or southbound on I-75. Other than the noise issues, I would recommend this hotel. Staff is friendly and room was clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
atlanta, USA
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a regular Holiday Inn Express in Valdosta on a busy street right off Interstate 75 at exit 18. My main problem with this hotel was the price. We stayed in a suite room with a king size bed and a pull out sofa and the price was $151including tax. The nightly rate was $135. This is the most expensive Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at, which is not a resort or tourist location. The onsite breakfast is convenient but even there, most of the options were limited to high fat or starchy items. The only fruit available was bananas. Even though we indicated ahead of time that there were 4 of us staying in the room, there were only 3 towels. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful, but again for me, the bottom line was the price. It was too high for what we got.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor and make sure this is the best deal in town before you book.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear basbousa,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The location is great, right off I-75. It's a good half way point for us traveling to and from FL. The room was fine - typical HI Exp; however, this one was very noisey. Traffic noise, kids running up and down the halls until late at night, and a faint beeping noise all noise (alarm clock in another room?). The curtains weren't long enough and the bright parking lot and building lights shown in all night. We had to roll up towels to lay on the ledge to help block out some of the light. The Internet acccess was difficult to connect using Internet Explorer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stopped here after leaving late from Siesta Beach in Florida, just needed a place to sleep. When we arrived, the girl at the desk was very friendly! She got us checked in quickly and was very pleasant! We were placed in a room that I'm guessing was next to a mechanical room, but there was no noise. The beds were comfortable and it was mostly quiet in the hotel. My only complaint was that the doors had a little gap around the edges, so it let in more noise than it would have without that gap, and the doors were very loud when they were closed. That didn't really affect us any, because we were up early, but I'm sure it could be a nuisance to someone who wanted to sleep in. All in all, it was a great place to stay, and was very clean. Breakfast was decent, my kids LOVE the automatic pancake maker. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had a awe some time. Thanks for being so nice.they was so good to us. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed February 2012
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here Feburaury 10-12 and it was the most enjoyed stay! The room I shared with my friends was unspeakable. It took us back to our childhood with the spongebob theme throughout the room and bathroom. I rested like a baby, once you laid your head on the pillows it's lights out! The staff were all highy professional ready to assist you, they served our conference very highy. This hotel is far most highly recommend of any in Valdosta, GA. You can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Backside 3rd floor open view of pool/spongeroom. Excellent for you if you have little kids, nice fam...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed here in February as a stop over on our travels. Had a fantastic night. The reception staff upon arrival were fantastic, efficient and helpful. There was also a managers reception (free beer, wine and snacks) available next door. Our rooms were nice and spacious, clean, light and of a good temperature. We used the pool and before breakfast which was very good. Gym could do with a few new pieces of equipment but was useable. We went for breakfast around 09:15 (finished at 09:30) and there was still a full selection of items available including hot pancakes, yoghurt, warm cinnamon pastries, cereal, toast, breads, milk, hot plate (including bacon, egg, muffins) and they also had tea, coffee, oatmeal and hot coco available as well as fruit juices. Was a great selection. We got chatting to George (maintenance) and Vern (breakfast ladie) and they were both a delight to speak too. Gave us some good advice on paces to visit at our final destination and tips for along the way. It was a real pleasure talking to them. Highly recommended for a short or long stay. Please pass thanks on to management :).

Room Tip: We had a double and a king. Both big rooms, lots of light and spacious. We faced the car park, poo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business