“Covington's is ALWAYS Top Notch in Dining !!”

Covington's Dining & Catering
Ranked #42 of 245 Restaurants in Valdosta
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Covington's Dining & Catering is located in beautiful downtown Valdosta, GA. Lunch is served from 11-2:30 M-F and 11-2 on Sat. Catering office hours are 8-5 M-F, with catering available 300 miles+. Party rentals, linens, tables, chairs, tents, wedding rentals, event rentals, event coordination and event set-up. Covington's specializes in weddings and rehearsal dinners. We can take care of all of the details of your party from start to finish or simply take care of all of the food. We have a full catering liquor license so we are legally able to do off premise full bars. From flowers to hors d’oeuvres to desserts and cloths, we take pride in our work and pleasure in serving you. We also offer pick up and delivery service if full service catering is not required. We have a rental business to supplement our catering services. Beautiful linens and clean chairs are a great way to complete your event.
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I eat out a LOT in Valdosta and I can say that Covington's is always one of my favorite places for lunch. The ownership is local so they have a vested interest in the success of their restaurant. The food is wonderful. I've never had anything at Covington's that wasn't fresh and delicious. My favorites are the Chicken Lavosh and also the Chicken Salad plate. Make sure you ask for one of their homemade cinnamon rolls!

1  Thank Margie B
Sue C, Owner at Covington's Dining & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Margie,

Thank you for your great review! Being locally owned and operated, we desire to serve the best food with the best experience possible. We are glad you enjoy coming here for lunch and look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Covington's Dining & Catering

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Good fresh food, home style cooking with a bit of class and wonderful desserts. Nice atmosphere. Ladies love this small restaurant. They also cater many functions in the area from small to extra large crowds. Always fresh and good.

Sue C, Owner at Covington's Dining & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Thank you for your comments. We enjoy preparing our meals from scratch and are happy you experienced "home style cooking" during your visit. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I kept looking around this place expecting to see little old ladies with white gloves on eating their chicken salad and jello! Stopped here while traveling. Is in the downtown part of Valdosta, so I imagine they get a lot of foot traffic from the courthouse, etc. Food was tasty, but nothing that made me go "Wow." I had the cream of broccoli soup and a tuna melt. Both were tasty, but I would not get that particular soup again. Had a "canned" taste to it. My sister had the crab soup, which was good, and a chicken wrap. She liked both of her items. Attentive service. I would probably stop here again, but I would like to mention that this place needs a GOOD scrubbing. Was kind of grungy (dirty mirrors, bathroom, etc.)

Sue C, Owner at Covington's Dining & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for visiting us during your travels and providing your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed the quaintness of our restaurant, and will focus on the improving the areas noted. We do make all of our soups from scratch, and will ensure they each stand out as extraordinary. Please let us know the next time your travels bring you to Valdosta so we can set up a soup tasting!

(229)242-2261

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a high hopes for this place since it was recommended by a friend. At lunch I tried the grilled chicken sandwich. It was good but nothing over the top great about it;. The service was okay and the sweet teas was quite nice. I don't know if I'd recommend this place, but if you want a nice little lunch that may be a little overally priced, then try it.

1  Thank djdrake12
Sue C, Owner at Covington's Dining & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations, as the quality of our food and service of our customers is why we're in business. We will work to ensure our food is "over the top" and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were having Covington's cater our daughter's wedding and stopped by for lunch and to meet with Sue Cox-Owner. Not only was our lunch great but Covington's also did a super job for the wedding. We were so pleased with the food, the service, and the great staff provided us. Also, Sue Cox is wonderful to work with and delivers more than promised. I would highly recommend Covington's for your next event or just to have lunch. Thanks Sue and crew.....your the best!

1  Thank Beth L
Sue C, Owner at Covington's Dining & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Beth,

We enjoy what we do very much, and are glad that both your wedding and your lunch were great experiences. Thank you for your kind words and nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.