“Pretty outside, disgusting inside”

InTown Suites Valdosta
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valdosta
InTown Suites Valdosta
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Pretty outside, disgusting inside”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I could not walk inside the room without shoes. Barefoot or socks, my feet turned black and would literally stick to the carpet. The AC unit was malfunctioning, and, despite my pleas for service on it and other issues, I only received reassurances that maintenance would be performed. Rick, the manager, was rude in his subtle way, as if he didn't really care if I remained a resident or not. Other staff seemed unfriendly as well. When I discovered BOTH roaches AND bedbugs, I quickly departed to a more expensive daily motel until my permanent residence was ready to move into. STEER FAR CLEAR OF THIS RATHOLE!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Glenn G

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The manager Rick seems to have no idea what he is doing or any concept of how to run this place. It appears the company puts no money into wanting to upgrade it either. My room had mold in it from the extremely old AC unit. The manager did not seem to care about the issue. The carpet was gross and turned my feet black. for health safety I would not stay here. There are other extended stay options in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank zivazivabug
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

At first I was nervous about staying here for various reasons but it turned out ok. I was in the process of moving and needed a place for a week. And paying like 600 dollars for a regular hotel was not in the budget.

It is very economical. No extras like a bunch of shampoo and soaps. They give you two extremely thin and small towels and a wash clothes. Luckily I had my own. Bedding was adequate. Pillows were plastic type pillows you might find in hospitals. They have a pillow case on them but you can still feel that weird sensation of cold plastic material. Again, luckily I had my own. And I had my own blanket as well to throw on instead of using their comforter that was pretty old and stained up. I do this when i can at any hotel for sanitation reasons.

In my unit I had a 3 drawer dresser, nightstand, small table with 2 chairs, full-size bed, fridge/freezer, and TV. It was pretty clean. Saw maybe 2 tiny bugs. I was super thankful for that because I imagined seeing huge cockroaches. AC unit works well and has a variety of settings and a remote.

It was quiet for the most part. I sometimes imagine seeing a ton of sketchy people in places like this but it was not bad. Most seem to be contractors in town for work and then the rest in between homes and some just down on their luck.

They clean it for you once a week. I did not need it though. It was actually pretty funny because the housekeepers seemed very determined to get in here. They must have thought it was odd that I did not want them in, but honestly I just kept it pretty clean for the time I was there.

But I have no complaints really. Maybe they could throw in a flat screen tv instead of this old picture tube. The internet was also pretty slow.
Also they do take an additional 50 bucks as a security deposit. And they DO NOT automatically give it back to you. Unlike other hotels you need to tell them when you are leaving and upon check out they will then refund that deposit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo