“Awesome rooftop”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
Valdosta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome rooftop”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Had the shrimp and grits and let me tell you it was like a vacation for my taste buds!!! Good food great atmosphere great service what more could you ask for

1 Thank buck333

Seabrook, South Carolina
“WHOA, What a Great Place to Dine”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Headed up to Valdosta on casual business. I had read about this restaurant in Ga. Trend Mag.
Man, we weren't disappointed.
Great building, nicely appointed and refurbed.
The food was out of this world with the old southern way combined with new twists.
Let's see, we had the Cuban sandwich, great pork. Eggplant sandwich, a little sloppy, but the roasted peppers were great. Sweet potato fries with honey drizzle. Gayla grits with honey, blue cheese and walnuts. I think they might have been good enough for desert, but just to make sure we shared a rum cake, which had fresh whipped cream and REAL rum in it.

What I also liked was the music they were playing, Alabama Shakes, The Band, etc.

Get a little of I 75 and try this place, you sure won't be disappointed.

Great Job!

1 Thank Bill C
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Should be #1”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Fantastic dinner! We visited last Friday night and enjoyed the best meal we had in Valdosta, well second only to the breakfast at the Fairview Inn Bed and Breakfast. I was so impressed by the quality and freshness of the food. Everything from start to finish was scrumptious! We started the meal with an appetizer, I believe they were bbq pork wontons with a Siracha aioli, yum-o! I had the seared scallops with pork belly served on top of arugula- perfection! After dinner we went upstairs to have a glass of very nice wine. I must say they really did a great job on this restaurant, from the ambiance to the food as well as the service, everything was top notch. I will return to Steel Magnolias!

1 Thank MellowMarshmellow
“Best place in town”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This meal was second to none. Good southern cooking, large portions, seasoned to perfection. The service was a little lacking, and the menu somewhat limited, but what they served was perfect! I will eat there every time we go back to town - cannot get enough of this type of food!

Valdosta, Ga.
“Pricey, more a special event place”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I really wanted to love this place! It's downtown Valdosta which we love. The food was good, it's one of those places they tell you the origin of EVERYTHING on your plate. Love the old building but we've been there now under 3 different restaurants. Wish they had an elevator as the highlight for folks seems to be the rooftop bar in the evenings. Would have enjoyed that but those STAIRS are a can't do. We did this for my birthday last year, had a good time...nice attentive service, pricey...but for special events worth it. We will go back...on theater nights, it's sort of the go-to place because we can have a couple glasses of wine and walk through the brick alley to the Dosta playhouse for great plays.

• Visited September 2013