“Great surprise!”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
San Antonio, Texas
“Great surprise!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a charming place with wonderful, attentive and personable servers. The food was just over the top delicious and beautifully presented as well. My husband and I decided to try lots of things and split them. The deviled egg appetizers were creamy with perfectly crunchy bacon and chive topping. We had the poached pear salad with arugula, walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette, then scallops and pork belly over grits and finished with rum cake. My only downside is that we may not be able to return to Valdosta to try other items! I highly recommend Steel Magnolias.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent roof top bar”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Have had mostly good experiences here. Some dishes are definitely better than others and menu hasn't changed much in awhile. Enjoy the specials more than anything... Well besides the scallops, pork belly and grits dish. Delicious! The roof top bar has live music on weekends and there is a great draft beer selection.

2 Thank bridalbee13
Valdosta, Georgia
“Very lovely place”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here in our way to Florida because of the great reviews we read on here. We also had a great experience dining here. The food was very good and the service was great. We would highly recommend this to our friends.

Ashland
“Upscale Southern Favorites”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ate lunch here with my family and relatives while traveling through Georgia. Lunch menu if varied and not overpriced for the quality of the food. Had the green tomato and bruschetta appetizers and around the table had the duck confit, blackened catfish tacos, poached pear salad, and a Cubano sandwich with gouda grits.

All in all, I'd highly recommend going here for a great lunch for a decent price. We did peek at the dinner menu and it goes up in price, but is a completely different menu and probably larger portions as well.

Definitely hit this place for lunch if in town.

1 Thank TomGrandy
Anchorage, Alaska
“Overcooked Scallops and Pork Belly”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was a last minute decision to try this place coz we are craving for some good scallops and pork belly. A friend suggested this place and I was surprised to see this little gem in downtown Valdosta. We ordered chicken strips and fries for my 3 yr old, scallops and pork belly for my husband and pork belly and pasta wih cheesy pimiento. the kid's meal was great, specially the fries-- it has a hint of cheese. The adult meals weren't so great. Both the scallops and porbelly were overcooked. The pasta was far from al dente but the corn bread was awesome. I was excited to try the dessert before the meal but decided to opt out after eating the main dish. We will probably be back to try some other dish but definitely not getting a recommendation from us.

1 Thank Mrs_Cab0113