“Great place for Valdosta”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 251 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Sad but true. Valdosta Georgia is not exactly filled with yummy restaurants. In fact, even the local dairy cream cannot make a decent milkshake. So, with limited choices, we settled on Cheddar's. I must say we were surprised. The onion rings, while maybe not so healthy, were excellent. As my entree, I got fried catfish. I shared this with my 21 year old daughter with 2 sides of broccoli a cheese casserole. We were celebrating her 21 birthday so we also had one of their specialty drinks (the one I had even said 2 was the limit). Everything was quite good. For Valdosta, I would even say excellent. Our severer was fun and entertaining. Even when I jokingly asked him to tap dance, he did. He made it a great 21st birthday dinner event. So, he you are in Voldosta, do eat at Cheddar's. Remember, this is a college town so don't expect the flavors of the "big" city.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Sit down order a beer, cheese fries, and the ribeye. Then thank God for the food you were blessed with. That's how good it is. Love it.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I went here on Easter day and were pleasantly surprised to be seated right away. The food was great and very well priced. But what amazed us most was how they kept doing simple yet sweet things for our daughter, including picking up her toys before we could and even gave her an Easter egg. It's simple things like that which makes them stand out.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

They hired a new chef around 6 months ago. The food improved instantly and dramatically. Before then it was OK food for cheap. Now it's great food for just as cheap.

Asked the server if the Cesar salad dressing had eggs since my wife was pregnant. Rather than finding out she just said "I'm not sure but probably". If you don't know find out. That annoyed me.

1  Thank wings06j
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The portions are large. The barbecue I had was OK. The vegetables are standard southern buffet quality, nothing exceptional. The salad bar to me is a waste, although other folks I know like it. I would rather go to Sonny's (although not for ribs).