I want to preface by stating it is this Hampton Inn that caused me to switch chain loyalty to Hilton. This WAS my favorite Hampton Inn, but I can no longer say that. This hotel has gone down in quality and has done so rather quickly.
I am sitting here at a weird angle in my 3rd room because only at this angel can I get internet connections. I was told "some rooms have better service than the others." Not any time I've stayed here before, and that doesn't bode well for the hotel as I was in two other rooms on different sides of the hotel before finally settling on this one and I wasn't getting service.
My air conditioner is noisy, but that's a sacrifice in order to get a cold room, which is why I switched out if the first room. Not to mention, two of the three room choices, smelled bad. The chosen one smells like propane.
Finally - breakfast. Nowadays, a decent breakfast can be found at any similar hotel. But this Hampton's breakfast WAS so much better until recently. They are sausage happy. But don't be fooled, it's not real sausage...it's Turkey sausage, amend not the good kind; it's disgusting. I liken it to a dog treat seasoned with sausage spices. And the other staple common to this hotel is... Wait for it... Sausage gravy (with biscuits) most days. The golden egg is their delicious maple-flavored Lil Smokies but I'm told, due to cost effectiveness, will not even see these treats unless it's a Mon-Wed morning. At least at Marriott or even Choice hotels I get real meat. THIS IS THE SOUTH, real meat should be a required offering.
The pluses...great customer service and beautiful interior.
I'm returning on Sunday and I was told to expect sausage and gravy. No Internet, hot smelly room and more sausage? No thanks. Reservation cancelled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for a hotel in Valdosta where you can relax and unwind, you'll love the Hampton Inn & Suites® Valdosta-Conference Center hotel. Our gorgeous four-story hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the James H. Rainwater Conference Center, and just moments from Wild Adventures Theme Park, Valdosta State University, Kinderlou Forest Golf Club, Historic Downtown Valdosta, Moody Air Force Base and more! At the Hampton Inn & Suites you will find clean, fresh comfortable rooms that are sure to please. In fact, we have 184 of them! If you’re traveling with your family, you may opt for a room with two beds. Or, if you’re here by yourself on business, why not book a room with a plush, king-sized bed so you can stretch out and relax? Whatever brings you to our hotel, we want your stay to be as pleasant as possible, so let us know how we can help you today. We love having you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Hotel Valdosta
- Hampton Inn Hotel Valdosta
- Hampton Inn Valdosta
- Valdosta Hampton Inn