Mori Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #42 of 248 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Food was great, the chef was very entertaining and the server was nice.

For under 20 per person you get a soup, salad and the habachi meal - even meals with seafood in them. Get the homemade ginger salad dressing it is delicious. The homemade thousand island was also very good.

I would go back - very good and healthy meal.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I love hibachi and sushi like I love air, and I love GOOD hibachi and sushi even better, but at THOSE prices I want to eat it without kids SPRINTING around the room and YELLING, without being PRESSED up against the guy next to me (incidentally NOT my date), and without the looonnnngggg waaaaaiiitt forrrrr a chefffffffff. With a little work this place could get a Very Good, but they are going to need to really sit down and give some thought to space and time, to get an excellent.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is one of those japanese restaurants where you sit around the grill and watch the food being prepared. The "show" was not as good as others I've been to but I don't really care about that. The food was ok. The filet mignon was very good and I would recommend getting it. Don't order a long island iced tea. The bartender didn't know what she was doing. It tasted more like a margarita. It's a college hang out restaurant. We were the only ones over 30 in the place.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

A long time favorite of my family. We have tried all of the dishes and all are good. My favorite is the Yaki Nuki.

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

I usually go to Mori on special occasions because with an average of around 18-20$ a plate it is pricey. However, the food is excellent. You can get sushi or grill, or both. Some of the chefs put on a better show than others, but it's always fun to watch them perform their craft. Be sure to get the shrimp sauce, it is great on the whole meal!