“Just a little more than your typical Drury Inn”

Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Just a little more than your typical Drury Inn”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed there for a week on a business trip. The hotel is clean, but could improve: Hair in the bathroom and on the linens (Hate to pick those remains by hand before getting to bed for the first time). Also, the window wash´t clean from the inside (Why do people have to lean their head against the window when they look out?).
Didn´t eat there, but the pop corn machine in the afternoon was a great thing. Fitness is small, but has the essential things like water, towel and running machines. The pool is fine, the hot tub too. Didn´t really have to deal too much with the staff, but the people I spoke to were all friendly. Especially to mention an African American lady who was very nice.
Among the hotels in Valdosta, this is probably still the best value for your money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sretch
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for your candid review of our property! We are happy to hear that you think we’re the best value in Valdosta. I am glad you were able to experience our indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub, and enjoyed the popcorn. I am so sorry to hear of the housekeeping issues upon your arrival. I can assure you that this is not a typical Drury experience. We have addressed this issue with our Housekeeping team and we have developed a plan to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope you will continue to choose Drury Hotels in your future travels. Please contact us with any additional feedback.

Thanks and we hope see you again soon!
Tiffany D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We loved this hotel so much that when we travelled up toward Atlanta we booked the one there too.very family friendly, rooms were large and arranged well, friendly staff, and a great value. We will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Allison N
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First of all to " 654Joyce".... I have been staying at this location for over 3 months. I have personally seen the way the cleaning staff services the rooms after guests stay with pets. It was like a whirlwind of housekeepers making sure there was no "trace" of pets left behind. They even steam cleaned the entire room. I would be more concerned with hotels that don't allow pets because people sneak them into the room after they check in. Which prevents the staff of properly cleaning the room. The staff ( front desk, GM, AGM, Sales, kitchen, and housekeeping ) here at this hotel are the most professional, caring and friendly staff I have ever met. I travel a lot in my line of work and would highly recommend Drury Inn & Suites to anyone. I have stayed at all the major chains ie: Marriott, Holiday Inn, Country Inn, and others, this by far is the BEST!!!!!!! My only wish is that this chain was more available around the US. They are building more so this will not be an issue to much longer. To the staff at the Drury Inn....Thank you very much for the "family" atmosphere you have provided and for making me and my family feel " at home" staying with you. I will most definitely stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you travel with family get the suite if available.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason M
Greenville,In
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a difference a day makes - or I guess a year. We stayed last year on Sunday night while driving to Disney. We were thrilled last year to find this very new hotel that offered free food at night and a free breakfast for just $92 + tax. This year we purposely stayed here on our annual drive to Disney based upon our wonderful experience last year. This year it was a Saturday night. One the esaver rate was $117 + tax. The rate is more for Friday and Saturday nights. The free food on Saturdays is a mostly bean chili - not the chicken fingers like on Sundays. The "kickback" menu changes each night. The line for the free drinks was long, but everyone seemed to understand they were busy. But what made it feel chaotic were the ladies taking the drink orders...they kept saying loudly.."we are so sorry for your wait, we will be right with you" over and over. No one was complaining. I don't think they realized they created their own chaos - or maybe they were just hoping for tips. I realize to some that would be good service, because they were at least acknowledging the wait. But instead just tell your guests face to face as they get to the front of the line. Don't yell it so loud that the last person in line can hear you as well as everyone in the dining area. The food this time was tasteless (mostly bean chili, cheap hotdogs and warm orange goo for nacho cheese) and the tables are not kept clean between guests. Breakfast was a little better because the bar ladies weren't there. It at least made for a more quiet dining experience. Our room wasn't as clean this time - specifically the bathroom. The bathroom had no toilet paper on the roll - luckily there was a spare. The toilet seat was not clean on top or under the lid. Luckily, I had Lysol wipes with me. Everything else in the room was fine. The beds were clean as well as the carpet. We did not call down to report - but did mention at check out. The girl said she was sorry to hear that. Sadly, we had considered a reservation at the Comfort Inn and Suites for $98 + tax, but we thought this would be a better value because it included the evening food. Sorry Drury, next year we will not be staying. If the menu is important to you, check the website because it changes nightly. They do have a smoking floor - the top floor. Be sure to ask for non smoking if that is important to you.

1 Thank jjillmomma
Thank you so much for your honest review of our hotel! I am so sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as last time. Our kickback menu varies throughout the week, and currently on Saturdays, we offer Mac & Cheese and Chili, with Jumbo Hot Dogs, Fresh Baked Potatoes, Garden Salad, and more to go with it! If Chicken Strips are your favorite, we currently offer those on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays! I am sorry to hear about the chaos at the bar- we have addressed your concerns with the Bartenders and they were grateful for your feedback. They have developed a plan on how to continue to provide exceptional service, while ensuring that the atmosphere is relaxing. I have also shared your feedback with Housekeeping - they were happy to hear about your clean, comfortable bed, and are going to focus on the bathroom being just as clean and comfortable. I can assure you that this is not a typical experience. We hope that you’ll give us a second chance next year to see how much we’ve improved. Thank you again for your feedback, it truly helps us with continuous improvement. If you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.

Thanks again!
Lakeland, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently spent 02 nights at the Drury Hotel. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. I did not know that the hotel was pet friendly, I saw too may dogs in a public place. I did not like sleeping in a room that dog (s) had previously slept in. The motel is pet friendly so maybe several rooms should be designated for pet owners and their pet (s), as you do for smokers . I have no problem with the hotel being pet friendly, but I will never stay in a Drury Hotel again, I refuse to sleep in a room where an animal has slept in the same bed that I'm sleeping in, it's very unsanitary!!!!!!

6 Thank 654Joyce_
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta, GA. On behalf of the entire staff, I’d like to apologize that your stay with us did not match your expectations. All Drury Hotels have our pet policy in place to ensure all non-pet-owners who stay with us also have a positive experience. After a guest with a pet checks out, we have an incredibly thorough cleaning procedure that includes changing air filters and shower curtains to applying specially designed solutions to the walls, floors, etc. to ensure that there is no trace of a pet left behind. Although there may have been a pet in the room prior to you, we are confident in our sanitation of the room. If you have any questions about our pet policy, our team is always happy to help. We hope that in your future travels, you will continue to choose Drury Hotels.

Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We made 2 separate visits in 8 days. We have stayed at several Drury Inns & have never had a complaint. This one was no different & the lady who was checking everyone in both times was over the top friendly and made everyone feel very welcome, not only to the hotel but the area!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Christa K
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a meeting in Tampa, Florida and I am usually
able to drive the more than 800 miles from my residence
in Kentucky in one day.

I had a very late start from my home and made it
to Valdosta, GA on I-75 before I became too sleepy and
tired to continue driving to Tampa.

I noticed what appeared to be an almost brand-new
Drury Inn off of Valdosta Exit 18. I drove to the hotel and spoke
with the night clerk who offered a very good rate as it was
almost midnight.

The room was very nice and comfortable. The hot
breakfast the next morning was in line with complimentary
breakfasts at similar competitors.

This Drury Inn is an excellent choice for travelers driving
on I-75 as it is very easy to access off of the Interstate and has
very courteous staff, and is very nice and new.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business