“Great Food at a Great Price”

Mongo's - Mongolian Fire Pit Restuarant
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Polk City, Iowa
“Great Food at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This a a wonderful restaurant for anyone with food allergies. All food is fresh and you pick the ingredients you want including a great selection of Gluten Free food and sauces. The management and staff are also well informed of allergy information and they will even cook your food on a separate grill to avoid cross contamination. This establishment is simply one of my favorites because of their fresh selection and friendly management and staff. It's also the best deal in town for both lunch and dinner prices. You will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2014

“Great place for vegetarians”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Don't let my title fool you. This place has a good selection of meat as well. However, I eat a more stringent diet and it can be difficult to find Restaurants to eat out at. Mongo's has the food set up in an assembly line fashion. You start with your choice of rice or noodles. Then pick and fill your veggie bowl. Then your meat. Then your sauces. They cook it and bring it to your table. It ends up with an Asian flair but many of the veggies aren't Asian in nature. It's only about $8 a person which makes it a great value.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 33104
Valdosta, Georgia
“Do it yourself Mongolian BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

If it's your first time here it's best to ask how everything works before you start preparing your food. The variety of selections are good but the shrimp were of a poor quality the day I went. The waiter was kind and prompted with my order. I was surprised that when I asked for a tea refill he took the glass to the back to refill it. The inside of the place is old in appearance giving it a rundown look. All-in-all I'd eat lunch there again but not make it an evening dinner date.

• Visited January 2014
Douglas, Georgia
“Delish!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Now the carpet needs to be pulled up but that's the only negative I found.

Waitresses were friendly and the cook was super hot in temperature.. Which I happen to love hot fresh food! It's a great price for a healthy lunch!

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“A Good Place To Eat -- But Double-Standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I and several family members and friends have been to Mongo's many, many times. Food and service are always great as a whole. My wife had lapband surgery a couple of years ago, and as a result she cannot eat a full portion of food. She has a medical card which she has shown many times as we have visited Mongo's and other restaurants. She has to get a child's portion as she cannot eat a full blown serving of food. She has explained this to the server every time we have visited. Tonight she explained this to the server, and he said okay as he took our orders. I got my usual portion of food, and my wife got her usual child's portion of food from the buffet. After we had eaten the server comes back with the check and tells my wife that he had to charge her for a full portion as she got more than a child's portion. She got no more food from the buffet than she has in the past. Now suddenly, it's not all right for my wife to be billed for a child's portion.
If anyone has had lapband surgery and you explain this to the server and he says okay, just watch out for what happens when the check comes. The food and service is good though.

• Visited September 2013