“Ate Here by Default”

Bubba Jax Crab Shack
Ranked #1 of 237 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake City, Florida
“Ate Here by Default”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were meeting family in Valdosta for an early evening dinner. As most of the highly rated Valdosta places are closed on Sundays, we decided to try Bubba Jax as it is just off I-75. We were off to a bit of a poor start when our waitress informed us that they had no cold mugs. Other than this minor inconvenience, there were no other problems. Most had the shrimp and grits appetizer which is adequate as an entree for all except those with very hearty appetites. The shrimp and grits were excellent. Another reported that the grouper sandwich was excellent. We did wonder if the fish were actually grouper based on the price, not the taste. Locals told us that this restaurant had been open for a few years. The appearance was that of an old structure, ie., rustic. The service was good and the price excellent.

3 Thank floridatraveler32055

Florida
“fresh seafood good price!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As a native Floridian I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant! Friendly owners, staff & customers z a favorite with locals! We were impressed with reasonable prices and perfect preparation of snow
Crab, oysters & shrimp, onion rings, cheese grits & fresh crispy generous salads - try the house dressing! Even the dipping sauces were freshly prepared & great!! We plan each trip north & south to hit here for a meal!!

Monroe, Georgia, United States
“Great Hometown Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I went to visit my daughter at Valdosta State University. We were looking for a non chain seafood restaurant. I looked at the reviews on trip advisor and found Bubba Jax. Cute hometown restaurant with great seafood and wonderful service.

1 Thank Laurinda F
Macon, Georgia
“Definitely money and time well spent!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were in town for Wild Adventures and wanted a good local dinner, this place hit the spot! The owner was our server she was amazing! Very informative sweet and took great care of us! The food is some of the best food I've ever had in a restaurant! I recommend this to any and everyone! We will make the drive just for dinner sometime!

2 Thank cfoore
“Great!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, wonderful service! I'm not a huge seafood fan so I just had a chicken sandwich and coleslaw (both delicious). My Husband had a shrimp salad and loved it! Wonderful waitress, good food, decent prices. Definitely recommend!

1 Thank photomom79