“Nice Place!”

Econo Lodge Valdosta
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Me and my family stayed here Friday night Oct. 11, 2013 and The staff very friendly and helpful and the rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good also. the only thing was the pool needed some work that's all but everything else was great and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose near the breakfast room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and our great staff. We thank you again and we can't wait to have you and your family with us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The 1st time I was staying in Valdosta I seen the Sleep Inn off the interstate. I went in and couldn't get them down to a price I wanted. They directed me to the EconoLodge next door as they have the same owners. I could easily get a price I was happy with at the EconoLodge and I was pleasantly surprised at the service and quality of rooms. The 1st time I stayed, me and someone I worked with got a double bed room and the room had a kitchenette and everything, very nice. The next time I stayed was for pleasure and while everything was just as nice and clean, we didn't have a kitchenette as I was expecting. But overall, for

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Josiah,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stays with us. We are so pleased you found great value in your stay with us and found our service and rooms to be memorable. Thank you again and we are all looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

my husband son & I were traveling home after having been in Cherokee NC with my husbands cousin who was at the casino there. the casino had no room for us so we spent the week at different hotels in the area. I had forgotten my Cpap air machine for my sleep apnea. so i found out if i used a roll away bed i could sleep through the night plus get up out of bed easily. by the time we got to the econolodge in valdosta Ga the one@3022 James circle.I was exhausted.and not thinking clearly due to lack of oxygen to my brain. Mr Patel was very helpful in getting me a bottom floor and a larger room with a kitchenette so I could set up my roll away out of the way. It was also the most comfortable roll away that I slept in for the whole trip.He was so extremely helpful and considerate to a hemiplegic handicapped person I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in Valdosta Ga. Mr Patel and his whole family work at the hotel

Room Tip: ask for the room with the kitchenette if staying for awhile.or you need more space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Victoria,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well you where treated as our goal is to make every guest feel as comfortable as you did. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

A little hard to find but OK once you get there - - just don't confuse it with the Sleep Inn that shares the parking. We asked for a smoking room and this really was one - - everyone smoked in this room.
Room A/C was off when we checked in.
Internet worked great in the lobby but was unavailable in the room.
OK for a respite from the highway.

Room Tip: Bring Fabreeze with you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, we have scheduled our all of our room's carpets to be cleaned. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Valdosta!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel was probably very nice when it was new but like anything else it's showing age and a lot of wear on the inside. Carpet needs to be at least cleaned if not replaced. Carpet looks original and very dirty and worn. Rooms need to be updated with new furnishings, bedspreads, drapes etc. Also its time to replace worn mattress also. Towels are worn out and need replacing as they are very thin and difficult to dry off with after showering Hallways have a musky smell. Whole hotel could use a good airing out. Hotel could be very nice if owners would spend some money updating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank OceanCity114
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We value your feedback and are currently review effective ways to update our property. We hope the next time you are in Valdosta you will stay with us and see our improvements

Reviewed 10 August 2013

When we pulled into the parking lot, the hotel's marquee said "5th in Nation". Not sure if they are claiming to be the fifth best Econo Lodge in the country, or if that means something else. I'm also not certain when they received this honor. Regardless, I was not hesitant to stay at this hotel as I have visited several times in the past without problems. This time, however, our stay was disappointing.

Our reservation clearly stated that we were to have a rollaway bed in our room (it was included in the cost of our stay per the online reservation). When we arrived, however, we were told that there would be a $10 charge for the rollaway. This cost suddenly jumped up to $15 a few moments later. When I provided proof that our reservation listed the rollaway as being included in the fee, I was simply told that that was an error. No offers were made to honor what was promised.

We decided to make do without the rollaway and proceeded to the room. It was hot and muggy. I turned on the AC, and for several minutes I thought that it was broken. Four to five minutes later (right as I was about to leave and request another room), the AC cut on and the room cooled relatively quickly. The room appeared generally clean, but we did see bugs in the bathroom in the wee hours of the night. The next morning we went out for the complimentary breakfast. The OJ was sour and the hard boiled egg (there was only one left) had a peculiar taste; I took one bite and threw it away, opting for a muffin instead. My husband said his waffle was rubbery. Though we never witnessed anyone on the staff being rude to the patrons, we did note that the breakfast attendant seemed to be rushing folks to finish eating by 9am, the official end of breakfast time.

Is this place a dump? No. Absolutely not. The linens were clean, the wifi worked well, and I felt very safe. However, this is the worst hotel/motel breakfast I've ever tasted. Also, showing patience towards guests who are trying to finish their breakfast is a simply common courtesy. Most importantly, reservations should be honored in their entirety... just as reserved. We made do, but a hotel that stands by their promises and goes out of their way to provide good service is a place that I will gladly give my return business. This Econo Lodge is not one of those places.

I wavered in whether to assign this place a two (poor) or a three (average). Ultimately, I decided a three was more fair given the general cleanliness and convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Aurielle

Dear Aurielle,

Thank you for reviewing your stay of your recent stay with us. We are so sorry about these issues your experienced during your stay. We will speak with our breakfast attendant and reevaluate our procedures. We truly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in Valdosta, GA

Reviewed 10 August 2013

we were visiting family and friends and stayed 5 days here, great place for us, employees very helpful, even nights when they were full it was quiet. will stay every time we are in the area. great location, easy to find

Room Tip: we stayed in room 109 and loved it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to complement our staff. We truly appreciate it and look forward to the next time you are in Valdosta