“Not Good”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Carrollton
“Not Good”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed one night. The clerk was great. The room looked okay but the bathroom was tiled and it looked nasty so I showered with my flip flaps on. The walls were paper thin as the people behind our room was watching some comedic show on TV until early in the morning and we heard it as well as their conversation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed there for 1 month, the room smelled of smoke, within minutes the smell was in my clothes and the taste was in my mouth. I had to invest in deoderizers and cented candles. There was a roach infestation, For 2 weeks I killed dozens of roaches daily. Although they sent the exterminator out 3 different times, I had to buy my own can of raid. 27 days out of 30, I saw roaches. The room was straightend up, but wasn't clean, I had to wipe up a spill & the floor was filthy. I had to get houskeeping to clean the Bathroom before I would use the shower. Housekeeping was awful, they only cleaned what you asked them to, nothing more and that's if they came. One review that I read before I visited the hotel, was don't let the pictures fool you, and they were right. These rooms are really over priced for the service that is offered. One good thing though is that they are in close proximity to everything. Anyone else who stays here, I really hope that there stay is better then mine was.

Room Tip: The side room on the bottom level is the best room to have if you have a pet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Valdosta hotels

Reviewed 4 May 2011

It's a perfect location near base and allows pets! But I also booked it by how it looked like in pictures (cozy and just what we needed for 5 days so we didn't have to eat out all the time) boy was I shocked once I opened the door to my suite! Beds are hard, we wake up feeling so groggy from having such a poor night sleep. The bathroom was gross (you can tell it hasn't been cleaned in awhile with dead bugs stuck where the shower door closes) BRING SHOWER SHOES!!! Internet didn't work the whole time we were hear and the tv picture was fuzzy. As for being able to save money with being able to cook at home, hardly happened. Might sound kiddish but we were a little "scared" to use the supplies they gave us to use and we have to pay for dish soap!

• Stayed May 2011
Slidell, LA
Reviewed 16 February 2009

The front office is very nice and very helpful. We were in town due to my mother serious illness and death. The place was the most convenient to the hospital and my mother was in ICU so we wanted to be as close as possible.

If my circumstances had been any different, I would have moved. The place was not clean and we had no service the entire time we were there..but we did see maids go by. We only got fresh towels IF we stopped them as they zoomed by.

I had not bothered to place a review but after seeing the pictures this place is showing on the sister booking site to tripadvisor, I just had to set the record straight. There is no way the floors ever shined like the pictures show. The bathroom was VERY dated (the 1060's at best). If there is A room with a jet tub like in the picture, there is NO way that any of the props in the picture are provided.

For those traveling on a very low budget or having to be very close to the hospital, is the only reason to choose this place.

• Liked — closeness to the hospital
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ok
Reviewed 27 May 2008

The room was a non-smoking suite upstairs and the receptionist was nice but he (andrew) never offered to have anyone help us with our bags. The room was a nice size with a King size bed, full size refrigerator, stovetop, coffee pot, sink and some dishes, however we had to ask for fresh towels each day, along with replacement coffee packets, and we never once after a week long stay had anyone come to clean the room, take out the trash, make the bed. We actually went down at the end of the second day to request it be cleaned and were told they would get it the next day...needless to say by the end of the next day it hadn't happened.
At this point we didn't want to pack it in and leave, we had already bought a few groceries, and just decided to get fresh towels each day ourselves. It was also difficult parking, and a lot of people hanging around in the parking lot late at night. Overall, I would probably not stay here again.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — The fact that we never anyone come clean or replenish towels, etc.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
georgia
Reviewed 17 December 2007

This all depends on which side of the motel you stay in. The front looks great however the back rooms are horriable besides the fact that the personal doesn't even bother to check what is happening in the back rooms unless there is a complain. There are bugs and the beds are falling apart. The pictures you see in the internet are only the selected rooms in the front.

The rooms are not cheap yet there is no housekeeping or keeping up of the rooms. Don't get fooled by the pictures you see that is only the front.

Stayed October 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 June 2006

I stayed at The Garden Villas for approximately two months in 2006 while in Valdosta for business. The rooms were excellent with a nice kitchenette and lovely hardwood floors. The rates were also quite low for an establishment of this caliber. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful so whenever a problem did arise it was rectified immediately. My experience with The Garden Villas and her staff made me wish that my work had kept in Valdosta longer.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business